Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Just now, Nyce_1 said:

you want another top 5 pick, gotta make it worthwhile for them. 

They get a starting shooting guard and rid of one of the worst contracts in the nba.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

As I’ve said all year, wouldn’t surprise me if our management has Sexton rated higher than Young

6 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trae also doesn't get credit for how unselfish he is. Mario also has a great eye for passes, even if his dribbling needs work. And AG loves to catch lobs...

It would be too exciting so I'll try not to get my hopes up too much

we don't deserve the offense this player would give us, we just deserve great defensive players with low offensive ceilings

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

As I’ve said all year, wouldn’t surprise me if our management has Sexton rated higher than Young

I loved Sexton before I loved young,  just sayin

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So here's the list so far

Sexton

Donte divincenzo

Jerome Robinson

Bruce Brown

Anfernee Simons

I’d love Donte. Dude’s the perfect guard off the bench

31 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Atlanta (stupidly) loves Bagely at 3 and Memphis wants a scorer so much that they might convince themselves on MPJ. I think there's a chance.

they should draft MPJ they're never gonna have a shot at a player like that again

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Atlanta (stupidly) loves Bagely at 3 and Memphis wants a scorer so much that they might convince themselves on MPJ. I think there's a chance.

Memphis fans would freak out if their FO drafted the guy with the biggest injury concerns in the lottery. I'd be surprised if they went down that road. JJJ seems more likely.

3 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

So who do you like in next years lottery?

Is your point if we draft Trae Young or Wendell Carter we'll be in the lottery again?

If so, I'm not convinced players like Bamba or Jackson that fit the athletic and lengthy criteria that our front office look for could help us avoid the lottery next season.  They'll bring defense but we'd need significant growth from other players and further additions in order to make the play offs.

Or is it merely a question of who I like?

If so, I haven't seen any of next year's potential class to comment because I don't follow the high school game. However, based off recruiting classes and reports it seems likely to be a good forward class with a couple of shooting guards to watch out for. 

1 hour ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

True, if the top four are Ayton, Doncic, Bagley and Porter it leaves Dallas a choice between Bamba and Jackson. So if they go Bamba, we'll probably draft Jackson and vice versa. Unless we truly want Trae Young.

14 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

Memphis fans would freak out if their FO drafted the guy with the biggest injury concerns in the lottery. I'd be surprised if they went down that road. JJJ seems more likely.

Porter does fill a need for Memphis. They already have their point guard (Conley) and center (Gasol) pencilled into their starting line up next season. They've not really had a 20 a night guy and Porter could potentially be that guy. So could Bagley if he's available. Both project to be potential go to scorers.

Jackson doesn't project to a 20 a night guy. He can space the floor, grab rebounds and block shots. So he'll help them continue to play tough defensive basketball but won't necessarily help them fill the scoring void. 

It comes down to what they want. A better defensive talent that should be able to space the floor, or the better offensive talent.