Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Jaren Jackson seems weirdly underrated so far, could see him falling to us if Michael Porter and Bamba keep up the PR.

Yes, there will be some great players at that 6 spot

28 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Jaren Jackson seems weirdly underrated so far, could see him falling to us if Michael Porter and Bamba keep up the PR.

Jackson has such a rare combination of size, skill set and developing athleticism. He unquestionably offers the draft’s best combination of three-point shooting (38-of-96, good for 39.6 percent) and rim protection (No. 4 block rate in the country at 14.3). In a draft with a ton of bigs expected to go near the top of the lottery, no one fits better into the modern NBA than Jackson, even if his per-game stats are essentially half of what contemporaries Marvin Bagley and Deandre Ayton posted. 

I’ve had Luka Doncic as the No. 1 player in this draft since last June, but Jackson is giving him a hard push in my mind right now. I have him solidly as No. 2 on my big board. He’s talented enough to be a star in this league.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/18/17367520/nba-draft-combine-2018-grayson-allen-mohamed-bamba-trae-young

I doubt JJ drops to 6

47 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Did anyone else see that Memphis is open to trading their pick to "turn it into something else"?

45 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Like isaac and a future first?

43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Bamba + Young certainly sounds great

would you guys take on Parson and give up unprotected pick (+ good fillers) to get Mem's pick? I'm sure they'd want a young vet to pair with Conley & Gasol, but not sure we have anything outside of Fournier? (maybe Simmons/TRoss too) to offer them. 

48 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Bamba + Young certainly sounds great

Definitely does. I would love if Bamba falls to us and if Trae is still available around 8-10 we give up a future first + 2nd rounder this year + Okc pick + filler to draft Trae. Then draft Jevon Carter in the 2nd. Resign Gordon and pray Mario shows us mercy and resigns. 

Next Season run a line up of:

Trae/Mario/Isaac/Gordon/Bamba

Carter/Simmons or Ross/Fournier/Speights/Birch

13 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

would you guys take on Parson and give up unprotected pick (+ good fillers) to get Mem's pick? I'm sure they'd want a young vet to pair with Conley & Gasol, but not sure we have anything outside of Fournier? (maybe Simmons/TRoss too) to offer them. 

I will do it as long as they take Fournier. 

Maybe Fournier, 1 second  and future first for Parson and their first round

17 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I would do that for sure. I'm pretty sure he expires the same year as biz. We would have a ton of money coming off the books that season. This also fits the time frame where if our young guys develop to the level we hope they will, we could actually attract a quality free agent.

19 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

I would

Fournier, Mack and a 2nd rounder for Parsons and their pick? They get a starting SG, they can waive Mack's partially guaranteed contract for cap relief and we sweeten things with a 2nd rounder. We take on Parsons terrible deal but get another lotto pick. I can't imagine were going to be big players in FA the next couple of seasons anyway and the summer of 2020 we'd have Biyombo, Parsons and DJ all going off the books for a total of nearly 50 million with a chance to potentially make a run at a group that includes Leonard, Irving, Butler and Draymond Green.

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fournier, Mack and a 2nd rounder for Parsons and their pick? They get a starting SG, they can waive Mack's partially guaranteed contract for cap relief and we sweeten things with a 2nd rounder. We take on Parsons terrible deal but get another lotto pick. I can't imagine were going to be big players in FA the next couple of seasons anyway and the summer of 2020 we'd have Biyombo, Parsons and DJ all going off the books for a total of nearly 50 million with a chance to potentially make a run at a group that includes Leonard, Irving, Butler and Draymond Green.

We would definitely have to include a future first for a deal to get done

Just now, WarDamnMagic said:

We would definitely have to include a future first for a deal to get done

Then im not interested. Parsons contract sucks.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Then im not interested. Parsons contract sucks.

you want another top 5 pick, gotta make it worthwhile for them.