Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I don’t think there’s ever been a superstar in the nba with Trae’s measurements. He’s almost 2 inches shorter than curry and nash. 

I really hope our mgmt doesn’t draft off a prospects level of excitement. 

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Screw it draft Trae. If the top 5 is Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, JJJ and Bagley I'd be much more excited drafting Trae than i would anybody else left available. My head probably would say Carter who I think could be a very successful pro and long term starter on a playoff team but Trae just brings so much excitement to the table and the chance at him being a superstar might be worth the gamble.

Trae Young! If we draft Trae Young, I'll send his biggest hater $6.50 via PayPal for a cheap 6 pack ;)

Just now, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think there’s ever been a superstar in the nba with Trae’s measurements. He’s almost 2 inches shorter than curry and nash. 

passes better than Curry, shoots better than Nash, they gotta be better at something than T-Yizzy

9 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

we still gonna knock him when he's taller than Graham, Holiday, and Carter? all guys many wanted in the 2nd round

Those guys are faster and more athletic. Think you can be small and fast or big and slow but not small and slow (relative to other guards)

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Those guys are faster and more athletic. Think you can be small and fast or big and slow but not small and slow (relative to other guards)

his hair is culture as well as his handle, it throws off defenders, AG respects hair that messes with defenders

22 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Trae Young! If we draft Trae Young, I'll send his biggest hater $6.50 via PayPal for a cheap 6 pack ;)

That would be me. I’ll take a 6 pack of PBR. 

48 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

the NBA is more perimeter based than ever, Trae makes up for the inch or two lost with elite handle, hesitation moves, and lightning quick trigger. I've literally heard the net swish before seeing him shoot before, he's that fast

56 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

0RhezNH.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

That would be me. I’ll take a 6 pack of PBR. 

PBR? very suspicious. And here i thought your opinion was respectable ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

PBR? very suspicious. And here i thought your opinion was respectable ;)

he probably said far more there than he ever has....

1 hour ago, HeHateMe said:

Chris Paul? 6ft at best.

Also, even if he never becomes a superstar it doesn’t mean he can’t become a very good player. Isaiah Thomas is a former all star and was important for the Celtics before injuries got him. If we could get this kind of production from Trae we would have a 20 a night guy with 6 assists and we can work with that. 

5 hours ago, ML6 said:

Good thing I didn't resort to name calling then; I merely used adjectives to describe your behavior.  The only one dismissing the opinions of experts was you, which, once again is highlighted in the scouting report that you voluntarily chose to post.

And the problem presents itself again -- you're still claiming strengths that are the complete opposite of the consensus.  Again, from the scouting report YOU posted:

Tends to rely on shooting over the defense in the half court ... Ball handling has improved but still needs to improve his overall ball skills, especially with his left hand ... Straight line driver lacking in creativity and doesn’t break down the defense ... Doesn’t create much off the dribble or have a lot of shiftiness in his game ... Has to move without the ball and have separation before receiving it to create space … Relies on outjumping opponents at this stage, will need to improve offensive game moving forward ... His pull up game can be predictable and won’t come as easy at the next level ... If his shot isn’t falling, he doesn’t always have a way to get easy baskets ... Can improve his offensive post game … Doesn’t make many decisions with the ball in a triple threat position, generally shoots off the catch or looks to give the ball up after minimal dribbles

So am I still the one "dismissing opinions of experts"?

Yes you are..Forget opinions...here is 8 minutes of video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkHjwinwL88