Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

He was still in high school at that point, going into his senior year. 

To recap:

You state Porter and Simmons are clones and post a scouting report to support your argument but in reality it highlights how they have opposite strengths/weaknesses.  I point that out so then you say well, Tracy McGrady agrees with me because we both see improved ball-handling since high school.  Then you post an article that barely mentions anything about his ball-handling in addition to the fact that at that point he still had a year left of high school.  He wasn't even injured at that point yet, which is the main cause of concern in all of this anyway.  And then you post about having all the facts and lament the lack of research others are doing.

The fun of debate is lost when you allow yourself to be ignorant and obtuse.

One thing I have learned over the many years I have debated others is that when people resort to name calling and dismiss opinions of experts and multiple sources they have lost the debate every time.  I will acknowledge in our debate that clone was the wrong term.  But handling  the ball and being the offensive initiator like Simmons and the ability to beat his defender to drive to the basket because he can shoot, though, is mentioned in his skillset. How he will fit in an offense will evolve based on his team's makeup.  And I did acknowledge the medical folks must do their due diligence.  Mike1989's recent post on multiple projected mock drafts seem to clearly show his injury is non-consequential.  Also show we probably will not get him!!!

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

One thing I have learned over the many years I have debated others is that when people resort to name calling and dismiss opinions of experts and multiple sources they have lost the debate every time. 

Good thing I didn't resort to name calling then; I merely used adjectives to describe your behavior.  The only one dismissing the opinions of experts was you, which, once again is highlighted in the scouting report that you voluntarily chose to post.

5 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

I will acknowledge in our debate that clone was the wrong term.  But handling  the ball and being the offensive initiator like Simmons and the ability to beat his defender to drive to the basket because he can shoot, though, is mentioned in his skillset.

And the problem presents itself again -- you're still claiming strengths that are the complete opposite of the consensus.  Again, from the scouting report YOU posted:

Tends to rely on shooting over the defense in the half court ... Ball handling has improved but still needs to improve his overall ball skills, especially with his left hand ... Straight line driver lacking in creativity and doesn’t break down the defense ... Doesn’t create much off the dribble or have a lot of shiftiness in his game ... Has to move without the ball and have separation before receiving it to create space … Relies on outjumping opponents at this stage, will need to improve offensive game moving forward ... His pull up game can be predictable and won’t come as easy at the next level ... If his shot isn’t falling, he doesn’t always have a way to get easy baskets ... Can improve his offensive post game … Doesn’t make many decisions with the ball in a triple threat position, generally shoots off the catch or looks to give the ball up after minimal dribbles

So am I still the one "dismissing opinions of experts"?

Yes but rarely does a college player, even if it’s the last game of the year, come out and say “yea this is my last game here”. 

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Jameer had 22 lbs on him

Yeah, the worry (as far as his size) is he won't be able to absorb even minimal contact on the offensive end, which actually is important (almost always, anyway; some exceptionally creative guys get away with being not athletic and also weak, but it's incredibly rare); and on the defensive end he will require the barest of screens to blow him up (and we saw with Payton how bad it can get when your PG can't maneuver screens, albeit for very different reasons).

I'm not certain at all that Trae is the right pick for us but I will say he seems like a great dude off the court and I'd love to have him on our team from that perspective. Also if he's as good as we hope Trae/Isaac/AG kind of has Nash/Marion/Stoudemire vibes (a little... Don't over think it).

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not certain at all that Trae is the right pick for us but I will say he seems like a great dude off the court and I'd love to have him on our team from that perspective. Also if he's as good as we hope Trae/Isaac/AG kind of has Nash/Marion/Stoudemire vibes (a little... Don't over think it).

Not bad. AG has been compared to Marion a lot and Trae said he wanted to be Steve Nash. I like this one better, though:

Trae = Curry

Mario = Klay

Isaac = KD

Gordon = Green

Screw it draft Trae. If the top 5 is Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, JJJ and Bagley I'd be much more excited drafting Trae than i would anybody else left available. My head probably would say Carter who I think could be a very successful pro and long term starter on a playoff team but Trae just brings so much excitement to the table and the chance at him being a superstar might be worth the gamble.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Trae Young comes in at 6'1.75 in shoes 6'0.5 without. 6'3 wingspan 177.8 lbs

we still gonna knock him when he's taller than Graham, Holiday, and Carter? all guys many wanted in the 2nd round