Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

I assume you are intriqued by Michael Porter, Jr.  The more you read on him the more enamored you become.  Obviously health issue must be examined.  If it come down to Porter, Jr and Young, my pick is Porter. Jr.  Ben Simmons clone with a 3 point shot already.  Length, athleticism, and scoring all rolled into one package.  Reward potential off the charts as long as risk is minimal.  Have to do your homework.  I still think he will be gone by pick #6  (he will be our Porzingis this year)

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Ben Simmons clone with a 3 point shot already.

Dude, no

Young Porter bamba is my preferences. All health considered. If porter is the pick then say your goodbyes to ag. Which might not be a bad thing or could be dipo 2.0. That’s why I would role with ag and match whatever is offered and get trae or bamba whomever drops to sixth. 

27 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Dude, no

Dude, yes and backed up with these facts before college and he has improved his ball handling already.  Consensus #1 pick before injury because he is a Ben Simmons clone.  Hard worker who improves his game.  Read his history before answering no again and back it with facts!!!

NBA Comparison: Kevin Durant/Joe Johnson

Strengths: It's not often that you find an elite level size/shooter/athlete package at the high school level ... Extremely mature, focused and hard working individual ... Smooth and athletic wing forward with high level intangibles and competitiveness … Possesses tremendous size for a wing forward at 6'10 with a 7'0 wingspan and 9'0 foot standing reach ... Could transition to being a face up four in today's "play up a position" NBA ... Possesses good coordination, fluidity, and versatility … Smooth shooting stroke with proper form, rotation, and arc ... Draws fouls at a high rate ... Reliable free throw shooter, shot 81.2% over the Nike EYBL and 86% his senior year at Nathan Hale. Gets great elevation with his shot combined with his size and length, can rise and shoot over the top of the defense ... Excels in catch and shoot situations as well as one or minimal dribble pull ups ... Highly efficient and consistent scorer ... A pure shooter ... Shot very well from three at 47% his senior year ... Nearly automatic from midrange ... Threat to score from anywhere within the half court ... Moves well off the ball … High level athlete with great run and jump ability, especially at his height ... Finishes well in transition ... Quick off the ground. Has impressive second jump, giving him an edge on tip-ins and put backs. Good rebounder ... Crashes offensive boards after nearly every missed shot … Plays well within the offense; doesn’t force his scoring or try to do too much. Squares up on the move and gets his feet set quickly. Stays balanced and shows good body control when he shoots on the move. Uses screens and curls well … Plays the baseline well … Has good potential as a perimeter defender with his length and ability to move his feet. Solid shot blocking ability … Solid court vision and passing ability … Strength has improved over the past year …

Weaknesses: Better ability to attack the rim off the bounce would add to his scoring arsenal ... Tends to rely on shooting over the defense in the half court ... Ball handling has improved but still needs to improve his overall ball skills, especially with his left hand ... Straight line driver lacking in creativity and doesn’t break down the defense ... Doesn’t create much off the dribble or have a lot of shiftiness in his game ... Has to move without the ball and have separation before receiving it to create space … Relies on outjumping opponents at this stage, will need to improve offensive game moving forward ... His pull up game can be predictable and won’t come as easy at the next level ... If his shot isn’t falling, he doesn’t always have a way to get easy baskets ... Can improve his offensive post game … Doesn’t make many decisions with the ball in a triple threat position, generally shoots off the catch or looks to give the ball up after minimal dribbles ... His aggression and physicality doesn’t always match his natural ability ... Should look to add strength and toughness ... Playing against more physical defenders moving forward may take some adjusting … Can improve upon finishing in traffic …

Outlook: Measured 6’10’’ in shoes, with a 7'0’’wingspan, 9'0 standing reach and 216 lbs at the 2017 Nike Hoop Summit ... Measured 6’10’’ in shoes, with a 6’10’’ wingspan and 195 lbs at the 2015 Nike Basketball Academy ... Measured 6'8, 188 lbs, with a 6'9 wingspan at the 2014 Nike Elite 100 ... Measured 6'7.5 without shoes, 6'8.5 with shoes, 193 lbs, with a 6'9.5 wingspan and 8'10.5 standing reach at the 2014 USA Junior National Team Mini Camp ... Widely projected as the likely #1 pick for the 2018 draft and many scouts feel he would be first in the drafts before and after his ... Incoming Missouri freshman. After an impressive Nike EYBL season, leading MOKAN Elite to win Peach Jam, Porter went on to lead Nathan Hale to an undefeated season going 29-0 (turning around a team with a previous record of 3-18), beating the likes of Sierra Canyon and Oak Hill Academy while averaging 34.8 points and 13.8 rebounds on the season, including 28 points and 17 rebounds in the Washington state 3A title game. Porter was named MVP of the McDonald’s All American game with 17 points and eight rebounds. Tied a game high 19 points at the Nike Hoop Summit … Naismith Player of the Year .

Porter is a high volume shooter who doesn't create for others or break down defenses.  Simmons is a non-shooter whose primary strength is breaking down defenses and creating for others.  Just because they are the same height doesn't mean they are similar players.

Like, literally the entire first half of Porter's weaknesses from that scouting report are Simmons' strengths.

10 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Young Porter bamba is my preferences. All health considered. If porter is the pick then say your goodbyes to ag. Which might not be a bad thing or could be dipo 2.0. That’s why I would role with ag and match whatever is offered and get trae or bamba whomever drops to sixth. 

All three of these are fine because Porter could fit as a 2 (like Brown on Boston) or point forward (like Simmons from Philly) so i could see a lineup of Gordon/Isaac/Porter or Young or Bamba together!

Just now, ML6 said:

Porter is a high volume shooter who doesn't create for others or break down defenses.  Simmons is a non-shooter whose primary strength is breaking down defenses and creating for others.  Just because they are the same height doesn't mean they are similar players.

Like, literally the entire first half of Porter's weaknesses from that scouting report are Simmons' strengths.

Obviously Tracy McGrady and I disagree with your assessment.  I will go with McGrady over you!!

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

Obviously Tracy McGrady and I disagree with your assessment.  I will go with McGrady over you!!

Ok so then the scouting report you posted was just wrong? So you've moved onto a non-scout's opinion?

5 hours ago, Nyce_1 said:

Pray that Mo falls and pray we can trade up for Sexton with additional pick.

If you could get a 2nd pick in the late lotto, would you want:

Bamba/Sexton or Young/Bridges?

Not trying to be an ass but Bamba +  Isaac + Gordon + Sexton would be a nice lineup in 1989

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

The Bulls are in a perfect position to take a swing on MPJ. We are not. They already have Lavine and Markkanen and even Dunn is looking pretty good. We have close to zero offensive talent and can't take an injured guy

Ben Simmons is a savant with the ball in his hands. That's literally the reason why he can get away with being as bad a jumpshooter as I am. Porter is a very different prospect