Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm already starting to talk myself into just taking zhaire at 6

You don't think you could trade back to get him? I haven't seen any projections with him that high.

16 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

You don't think you could trade back to get him? I haven't seen any projections with him that high.

I guess. I dunno. Maybe he climbs. 

17 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

These ESPN mocks are laughable. Sexton going 9 above the Bridges or SGA? Lonnie Walker in the lottery?

Sexton is totally a Boston guy though. Wouldn't be crazy to see an NBA team overvalue him. 

If bamba or jjj don't slip to 6 I wouldn't mind taking carter he is very capable of having an impact his rookie season like Lauri did

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Sexton is totally a Boston guy though. Wouldn't be crazy to see an NBA team overvalue him. 

Boston isn't in the lottery

5 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

If bamba or jjj don't slip to 6 I wouldn't mind taking carter he is very capable of having an impact his rookie season like Lauri did

if we're not going Young, Bamba, Or MPJ  we'd better go Mikal Bridges over Carter

3 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if we're not going Young, Bamba, Or MPJ  we'd better go Mikal Bridges over Carter

Another forward I know we should go BPA but bridges isn't all that to me

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Another forward I know we should go BPA but bridges isn't all that to me

nope I'd play him at shooting guard. opens up so much for our defense having a guy that tall and long at the 2 spot

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Boston isn't in the lottery

I know. But Boston drafts well. 

Post lottery 2016 a lot of mocks had Jaylen Brown falling to 7-9. They had Boston selecting Bender because skilled big men should be valued. Jaylen was an athletic, strong, smart player who couldn't shoot. 

He's now averaging 18ppg on 42% three point shooting in the playoffs. 

Sexton is a strong, long, athletic, gamer. Conventional wisdom suggests he's not a lotto pick. But maybe we're not valuing the right things? Terry Rozier had similar issues

Or maybe he's Shelvin Mack, I dunno. Something to think about. 

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I know. But Boston drafts well. 

Post lottery 2016 a lot of mocks had Jaylen Brown falling to 7-9. They had Boston selecting Bender because skilled big men should be valued. Jaylen was an athletic, strong, smart player who couldn't shoot. 

He's now averaging 18ppg on 42% three point shooting in the playoffs. 

Sexton is a strong, long, athletic, gamer. Conventional wisdom suggests he's not a lotto pick. But maybe we're not valuing the right things? Terry Rozier had similar issues

Or maybe he's Shelvin Mack, I dunno. Something to think about. 

very good points. 

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

nope I'd play him at shooting guard. opens up so much for our defense having a guy that tall and long at the 2 spot

Something has to give we got Evan, Ross, Mario, Simmons, Issac, Wes if you want to count him