Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I am reallly flying high on sexton. I think that after watching alot of his playstyle, His Shooting isn't as bad as people say. In fact he puts up russel westbrook college numbers. I think if there is even a soft case that he can become that he is a better choice then trae young.

I think that he is the right player for our #6, unless we can move up to 3 and Doncic falls to three.

I'd like to see if any team is willing to trade up below us and either get two mid 1st round picks this year or more assets for the future. I am so unsure of the guys after about Bamba that I would rather get multiple chances to find a good player.

We are in a good position to take a flyer on Porter if he falls to 6.  Less risk there for arguably the highest reward of the draft..  If Porter doesn't make it to us (DAL could take him) then that means either Jackson or Bamba will be available at six.  Short story long I think we'll like our pick, though I prefer to look away from Jackson.  Carter is a possibility at 6 too, depending on how he checks out.  

I don't see much use in trading with Atlanta unless we want Bagley.  I know a lot of people here weren't huge fans, but that's who is going 3.  I suppose we could pick Bamba at 3 but that's risky and potentially expensive depending on the trade.  

3 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

We are in a good position to take a flyer on Porter if he falls to 6.  Less risk there for arguably the highest reward of the draft..  If Porter doesn't make it to us (DAL could take him) then that means either Jackson or Bamba will be available at six.  Short story long I think we'll like our pick, though I prefer to look away from Jackson.  Carter is a possibility at 6 too, depending on how he checks out.  

I don't see much use in trading with Atlanta unless we want Bagley.  I know a lot of people here weren't huge fans, but that's who is going 3.  I suppose we could pick Bamba at 3 but that's risky and potentially expensive depending on the trade.  

Literally my thoughts exactly.

Barring something unforeseen, we’re gonna have 1 of Porter, Bamba or Jackson on the board at 6 and I’d be extremely happy with any of the 3. 

I still say Carter will be a consideration too if he doesn’t jump into the top 5. 

39 minutes ago, ML6 said:

When will people stop acting like we didn't tank the last game?

Iwundu 25 mins, Birch 33 mins, Purvis 25 mins, Artis 22 mins, Mack 20 mins

You overlooked Hezonja 32 mins, T. Ross 14 mins, AG 12 mins, NV 12 mins, DJ 12 mins, A. Afflalo 17 mins, Biz 11 mins.  That is not tanking!!  Either we do not know how or did not tank.  Same result either way=6th pick in this year's draft!!  Morale on this board not exactly positive.  I cannot think Weltman was happy being at #5 last night as we closed the season 4-8!!  His facial expression, as we fell to 6th, was not good!

• Downvote 3

Just now, Originalticketholder said:

You overlooked Hezonja 32 mins, T. Ross 14 mins, AG 12 mins, NV 12 mins, DJ 12 mins, A. Afflalo 17 mins, Biz 11 mins.  That is not tanking!!  Either we do not know how or did not tank.  Same result either way=6th pick in this year's draft!!  Morale on this board not exactly positive.  I cannot think Weltman was happy being at #5 last night as we closed the season 4-8!!  His facial expression, as we fell to 6th, was not good!

Playing your best players, who happen to be healthy, 12 minutes of a 48 minute game is the definition of tanking lol

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Playing your best players, who happen to be healthy, 12 minutes of a 48 minute game is the definition of tanking lol

No, playing Biz at PG for 40 minutes in a must lose game is the definition of tanking. We won 3 meaningless games at the end of the season that cost us being 2nd from the bottom. We WILL get a good player at #6 though and hopefully management can move Vuc's expiring contract for a player and a pick.

• Downvote 2

can some one explain to me why people are wanting carter? He is 6'10" Plays power forward... Why oh why would i want to jam up the position with isaac, gordon already there? Why not draft Sexton or Bamba

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No, playing Biz at PG for 40 minutes in a must lose game is the definition of tanking. We won 3 meaningless games at the end of the season that cost us being 2nd from the bottom. We WILL get a good player at #6 though and hopefully management can move Vuc's expiring contract for a player and a pick.

Just stop this. It's not a real option. We'd lose our pick

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

can some one explain to me why people are wanting carter? He is 6'10" Plays power forward... Why oh why would i want to jam up the position with isaac, gordon already there? Why not draft Sexton or Bamba

He's not a power forward. 

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

Not playing them at all, like Dallas did even if healthy,  is tanking.  Beating Phoenix, the Knicks, Dallas and Washington to close the season is NOT tanking.  Simply put we won our way out of a top 3 pick by not tanking, either out of not knowing how or not willing to tank.   My Hope is that, someone falls, and we get lucky and our pick at 6 turns out to be a great player.  Not likely we are back in the lottery next year but hope springs eternal.