Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why?

Because he has the highest chance of being a super star of anyone in the draft and Isaac will probably have ankle problems his entire career that will keep him out of a lot of games.

11 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

How many of you would give up Isaac & #5 for Doncic?

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why? First, we are not sure if we pick at #5 and 2nd we dont surely know how Doncic will adapt to the NBA. 

1) We don't know where we are picking.

2) I would not give up Isaac plus another top ten pick for Doncic

3) I would give up pick #5 - 8, plus #35 for him. 

4 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I would not do that, I would give up #5 and 2nd round pick for Doncic 

I don't think any team would make that trade. It would probably take #5 and Isaac or #5 and next year's lightly protected 1st and maybe even a 2nd.

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I don't think any team would make that trade. It would probably take #5 and Isaac or #5 and next year's lightly protected 1st and maybe even a 2nd.

If that is what they are asking then it is bot worth it. I rather go with Young or Bamba to be honest and keep Isaac and our second round pick to get a guy like Okobo or Kurucs. 

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Well, I doubt Magic is going to do that so move on from Dominic 

13 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Tough. You have to believe Doncic > Isaac + whoever we could draft at #5.

I see the Isaac injury concerns but believe that his potential, especially on defense, is immense. I also really like Doncic, but don't know if he is superstar potential (I don't know if anyone in this draft is). I'd be more interested if it was a future top 5 protected pick.

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why? First, we are not sure if we pick at #5 and 2nd we dont surely know how Doncic will adapt to the NBA. 

Assuming we pick at #5 and we don't know how ANYBODY will adopt to the NBA. We DO know how Isaac is adopting, lots of bench time with ankle injuries. I expect that to be a regular thing and would be thrilled to get Doncic for him and #5.

10 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Assuming we pick at #5 and we don't know how ANYBODY will adopt to the NBA. We DO know how Isaac is adopting, lots of bench time with ankle injuries. I expect that to be a regular thing and would be thrilled to get Doncic for him and #5.

Isaac is what? 20?. He has shown some good things already. All he needs to do is work on his body to get stronger. I am not that concern with his future. 

I am very high on Doncic but even then,  I will not give a combination of possible Bamba and Isaac for him.  

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I see your point, and I think we just have different views on Isaac's future and long-term value. Either of us could be right, or we could both be wrong, it could end up somewhere in the middle.

I see Isaac as a young man who is still growing, and currently suffering injuries that may be associated with that fact. I think another off-season working out and gaining muscle, plus the time to finish growing may result in a future defensive player of the year candidate. We have already seen some pretty amazing defensive instincts in his first season adapting to the speed and athleticism of the NBA. Supposing that we have pick #5, that gives us both Isaac and another young player with potential to hopefully become a star.

You see a young man (Isaac) who has injury-prone ankles that may permanently limit his career. In Doncic you see a young player who has already done things in Europe no one ever has, and presumably, a better chance to become a star than either Isaac and/or whomever we might get at #5. 

I agree with you that Doncic has greater potential that anyone who is likely to be available to us at #5 (or #6-8 if we drop). He may even have a better chance of becoming a star than a healthy Isaac; but like any rookie, he may be over-whelmed by the speed and strength of NBA players.

54 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

First we have to wait for the lottery results but assuming we stay at 5,  I think it all boils down to what Weltmann and Hammond's will do.  Thye have finished their first year eval process and we know that that has led to a new head coach.  What we don't know is which and how many players will follow Vogel out the door.  If we go to a youth movement (and Fournier/Vucevic/Ross or combinations of them are traded) then I say keep the pick, resign Gordon, resign Mario if possible (unlikely as that seems) and start the rebuild process with Isaac/Gordon/Mario ?/this year's pick/and next year's likely lottery pick with some free agency money to spend next summer and the following summer due to Isaac,  this year's pick AND next year's pick bring on the rookie wage scale.  Managing the cap money may be the most important position for every NBA team!!!

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, magicblue said:

We aren't talented enough to be giving up on young players this quickly, especially for other young players who haven't proven anything yet.

I guess you forgot that Magic gave up on Sabonis and Oladipo..