Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

The Young counter argument: Don’t get me wrong, I like Young in certain situations on the floor, but today’s NBA seems to be about length and versatility; any defensive weak link on the floor is masterfully exploited, (the game has evolved quickly)That’s why I feel our top pick at our stage of the game needs to be a two way versatile player. If Young gives you a plus on the offensive end but a huge negative on D, are you that much ahead? If we could somehow upgrade our other first round pick and he slips out of the top 10, then yes. I see the future being point forwards and players in the range of long 6’5 to athletic 7’. Small points will be more situational, but won’t warrant a pick in the top part of the lottery. Just my ho

Steph and kyrie say hi. 

I find it strange how obsessed so many of the board members seem to be with Young. He has so many obvious deficiencies, and, as hot as his start was, he was not able to keep his production up against weaker competition than he will see in the NBA. His efficiency is mediocre, not good. His turnover rate is very high. He is not very athletic and does not have size. His defense is poor. His decision making can be shaky. Yes, many of these issues are fixable, but that does not mean they will be fixed.

Yes, becoming the next "Steve Nash" or etc. is within the realm of possibility for him, but that does not mean it is a forgone conclusion, or even a likely outcome.

The hyperbole. The excuse making for and blind eye towards his faults. the attempts to turn the average into extraordinary. I think it is the most I have seen for any NBA prospect on this board. The only times I have seen anything close is when a player is an almost guaranteed number 1 pick.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Odin said:

I find it strange how obsessed so many of the board members seem to be with Young. He has so many obvious deficiencies, and, as hot as his start was, he was not able to keep his production up against weaker competition than he will see in the NBA. His efficiency is mediocre, not good. His turnover rate is very high. He is not very athletic and does not have size. His defense is poor. His decision making can be shaky. Yes, many of these issues are fixable, but that does not mean they will be fixed.

Yes, becoming the next "Steve Nash" or etc. is within the realm of possibility for him, but that does not mean it is a forgone conclusion, or even a likely outcome.

The hyperbole. The excuse making for and blind eye towards his faults. the attempts to turn the average into extraordinary. I think it is the most I have seen for any NBA prospect on this board. The only times I have seen anything close is when a player is an almost guaranteed number 1 pick.

You'd think he shot 70% from 3 based on some of the excitement around here. 

15 minutes ago, Odin said:

young is anything but average that's just a ridiculous statement

2 hours ago, Magicman28 said:

Delusion? Nah. Just don't see it being impossible.

I never said it would be probable. I like what he could do for our offense.

It's not impossible for you to win a game of roulette by betting on a single number straight up. But it's not a very good bet.

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It's not impossible for you to win a game of roulette by betting on a single number straight up. But it's not a very good bet.

I'm betting on Gordon and Isaacs improvement as well, so there's three players. How you like them apples?

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Riiiiiight because that's comparable to Trae learning how to become adequate on defense.

28 minutes ago, Odin said:

So many things wrong this, it would be an story of a response.

30 minutes ago, Odin said:

So who is your sure bet in this draft? Please tell. 

11 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

young is anything but average that's just a ridiculous statement

36% 3 point shooting sure is.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm betting on Gordon and Isaacs improvement as well, so there's three players. How you like them apples?

Right. Because betting on players who have already shown ability in the NBA is the same as betting on a not yet drafted college player.

4 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Riiiiiight because that's comparable to Trae learning how to become adequate on defense.

How many players with deficiencies like Young become good or even average at defense?