Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

15 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

Okobo - Brunson - Holiday - Carter - Everyone else - Duval

okobo-okobo-okobo-okobo and okobo

I honestly think Okobo is the 2nd best PG in this draft after Young. 

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

okobo-okobo-okobo-okobo and okobo

I honestly think Okobo is the 2nd best PG in this draft after Young. 

draft them both brah

32 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think he'd be the worst. Couldn't switch with him in. 

Why? Because he's not a 6'7 pg with a 7 foot reach?

I think length is good but I believe solely focusing on it is why we have Sassers and Reece Gains of the world. Give me a potential Steve Nash clone any day of the week over length.

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Why? Because he's not a 6'7 pg with a 7 foot reach?

I think length is good but I believe solely focusing on it is why we have Sassers and Reece Gains of the world. Give me a potential Steve Nash clone any day of the week over length.

Yes yes yes. Basketball players period exclamation point!!!  No more projects who never become more than a good role player. All we have is role players and most not very good at it. 

6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yes yes yes. Basketball players period exclamation point!!!  No more projects who never become more than a good role player. All we have is role players and most not very good at it. 

And how do we know that Young is not a project or is a better "basketball player" than others at the top of the draft?

Teaching him how to play defense, run an offense, and correct a lot of his bad habits from college will be a major project.

22 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Teaching him how to play defense, run an offense, and correct a lot of his bad habits from college will be a major project.

Correct but all rookies are somewhat projects. Rather have a guy though who can take the ball out of player's hands on this team that has no business handling it the way they are and as frequently as they are. I believe Trae can do that on a very high level. Better than anything we've had in a long time.