Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Holiday checks a lot of boxes

• Gets into the lane at will. Explosive driver with long strides. Shifty with plus body control in traffic. Excellent first step.
  • Picture-perfect form on catch-and-shoot jumpers. Can hit out to NBA range. 98th percentile on catch-and-shoot. Will add gravity off the ball.
  • Tough shot maker. Was responsible for creating most of the offense for UCLA this season. 91% of 2-point makes were unassisted. 98th percentile on guarded catch-and-shoot jumpers.
  • Plays with impressive effort on defense most of the time. Stays engaged off the ball and gets into his man’s body. Fights to get through screens.

https://www.thestepien.com/aaron-holiday/

Can't wait to see what the Pelicans do against the Warriors

As we approach this draft I try to keep in mind the big picture.  I see our main competition, in the years to come, as Boston (and Boston has another probable top 5 pick next year) and Philly ( a lottery pick this year plus 5 more draft picks this year) and both will be quite formidable.  Both have benefitted or are currently benefitting from rookie wage scale contracts that allow free agent spending to complement top 3 pick drafting.  That may make a difference when those rookies become RFA's.  But I still look at how do we assemble a team to compete at their level.  I look at Philly first and wonder who will guard Simmons at PG?  Who will compete with Embiid at center?  That does not even factor in Fultz or whatever quality FA (they have max money to spend) they sign this year (If they sign Lebron ballgame over for a few  years).  Boston on that same level.  With a probable top 5 pick next year or use that asset plus other assets to add Leonard, getting Hayward and Irving  back.  That is pretty tough too!. I tend to want to overcome Philly because Boston does not have an Embiid unless Boston gets Bol Bol next year!  I love Trae Young but worry about his 6'2" frame in today's NBA.  Can his offense overcome his defensive issues?  Competing against Boston and Philly is why I think we need to go with length, athleticism and scoring.  Too many big guys this year vs next year's draft to pass one up if available.  Start assembling a  team this year with hoepfully some FA money to spend after 2019 season.   I have Bamba first, Porter 2nd and Trae 3rd and hoping for Bamba!

6 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

lmao I love this magical life we live.

"They ARE doing their job!!!"

Kinda joking, I do think it's cool and I'd like to get Bonga

8 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

That means that we either considering trading up or down. 

He is likely a late first or very early second round pick. He will be gone before our first second round selection.

I like Kurucs a lot.  He might be available as our first second rounder selection. Hopefully, they are checking on him as well.

18 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He is likely a late first or very early second round pick. He will be gone before our first second round selection.

Scouting someone does not mean drafting someone

17 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Actually, CBSports has him ranked 88, and he isn't showing on either of their first-round only drafts, Sports Illustrated has him going near the end of the 2nd round, and NBAdraft.net doesn't show him at all (because he hasn't declared yet?). His write-ups all say he is a project, as he is very young and hasn't played very long yet.