Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

13 hours ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I am really hoping Magic will get Trae but I am biased since I am a Sooners fan, haha! 

Ayton and Doncic will go in the top few, Bagley should be gone as well. After that Porter, Jackson, Bamba, and Trae will be left as the next players. 

I'd say Trae is a distinct possibility if we stay at five and they want to address our point guard position. A lot think we'll go for length and athleticism like Bamba or Jackson, but we've already got a project in Isaac and spent a few seasons waiting for Gordon to arrive, I'd like to think our pick this year is going to be someone who makes more of an immediate impact and Trae should fit the bill.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mike1989 said:

Ayton and Doncic will go in the top few, Bagley should be gone as well. After that Porter, Jackson, Bamba, and Trae will be left as the next players. 

I'd say Trae is a distinct possibility if we stay at five and they want to address our point guard position. A lot think we'll go for length and athleticism like Bamba or Jackson, but we've already got a project in Isaac and spent a few seasons waiting for Gordon to arrive, I'd like to think our pick this year is going to be someone who makes more of an immediate impact and Trae should fit the bill.

Yup, I agree!

49 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

If JJJ Ayton and Doncic are gone I’m really hoping we draft Bamba or Trae. Leaning more towards Bamba though since this year there are so many quality PG options in the second round

Divincenzo should probably stay in the draft this year before people realize that he doesn't average 31 points 2 blocks and 5 threes per game

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If JJJ Ayton and Doncic are gone I’m really hoping we draft Bamba or Trae. Leaning more towards Bamba though since this year there are so many quality PG options in the second round

I have Bamba at 4 right now.   I know Trae is popular here but if we really want him then we should facilitate a trade down with another team.  There are just too many higher potential prospects to spend a high pick on him.  He's the perfect opportunity to turn one asset into two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

I have Bamba at 4 right now.   I know Trae is popular here but if we really want him then we should facilitate a trade down with another team.  There are just too many higher potential prospects to spend a high pick on him.  He's the perfect opportunity to turn once asset into two.

I have Bamba at 4, too

48 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I have Bamba at 4, too

I have him at 5-7 with Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, and Bagley all going before him. At 5 we should be able to choose between Bamba, Porter, and Young.

3 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

This is very true, there are a lot of good PGs in the 2nd round compared to very few bigs. As much as I love Trae, the smart move would probably be to grab Bamba with our 1st and 2 PGs with our 2nd round picks and let them play it out. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have him at 5-7 with Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, and Bagley all going before him. At 5 we should be able to choose between Bamba, Porter, and Young.

This is very true, there are a lot of good PGs in the 2nd round compared to very few bigs. As much as I love Trae, the smart move would probably be to grab Bamba with our 1st and 2 PGs with our 2nd round picks and let them play it out. 

that may make sense in terms of positional team building, but if there's a potential superstar there you gotta swing for the fences

Donte DiVincenzo, today, said he will make himself available in the 2018 NBA draft but will not hire an agent.  My guess is he will probably not stay in the draft but if he does PG options, if we do draft a PG with our first pick,  just increased!!