Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

I think Josh Okogie at pick 35 is a good bet. He has the length and size to be in the league and he's a really good shooter. Some people think he'll be drafted in the first round but he hasn't listed an agent yet so I'm not sure he has received assurance from a team he'll be drafted in the first round. Something to keep an eye on. 

4 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think Josh Okogie at pick 35 is a good bet. He has the length and size to be in the league and he's a really good shooter. Some people think he'll be drafted in the first round but he hasn't listed an agent yet so I'm not sure he has received assurance from a team he'll be drafted in the first round. Something to keep an eye on. 

A couple draft experts are really high on him

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

A couple draft experts are really high on him

7'0" wing span, 210lbs ish in a 6'4" frame so he has the size to compete from day one, none of this put him in the weight room stuff. He attacks the basket, draws fouls, and shoots a high FT percentage, also shoots well from three. I like him as much as these other 3&D guys and it's very possible he doesn't get picked up in the first round. I personally think he isn't talked about more because Tech basketball was garbage this season, plus most of the attention was on Pastner and his problems. 

5 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

7'0" wing span, 210lbs ish in a 6'4" frame so he has the size to compete from day one, none of this put him in the weight room stuff. He attacks the basket, draws fouls, and shoots a high FT percentage, also shoots well from three. I like him as much as these other 3&D guys and it's very possible he doesn't get picked up in the first round. I personally think he isn't talked about more because Tech basketball was garbage this season, plus most of the attention was on Pastner and his problems. 

I actually think someone will end up giving him a 1st round promise. If not I'd love him at our first 2nd rounder.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:21 AM, random said:

Ross would be a good fit next to him, can defend PGs and play off ball on offense.

I'd rather Ross be on another roster... along with Fournier and Vuc.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'd rather Ross be on another roster... along with Fournier and Vuc.

Why? He fits exactly what we're building. He's one of the few wings we have that can defense point guards. You end up with young or doncic in the draft you need Ross

26 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Why? He fits exactly what we're building. He's one of the few wings we have that can defense point guards. You end up with young or doncic in the draft you need Ross

Yeah I’m def ok with Ross. Let’s try to trade Fournier for McCollum. Vuc might just need to be waived if we can’t get anything for him. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Gordon MVP said:

Yeah I’m def ok with Ross. Let’s try to trade Fournier for McCollum. Vuc might just need to be waived if we can’t get anything for him. 

Yeah, maybe if the Blazers lose in the 1st round they'll blow their backcourt up

Madrid 4/14 game- Doncic Stats

17 points on 55/40/60 shooting. 5 rebounds. 5 assists. 4 steals. 2 blocks. 27 minutes played.

One Doncic, please, thank you.

(He didn't do so well last game but I will take a guy that can fill up the stat sheet like that against grown men at 19 every day).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

To me Ross is in the same boat as Vucevic.  They are both 27 years old, entering their walk years.  They both do some things that make you believe they can be a piece of the puzzle, but neither one is worth what we will pay them next year and neither one is likely to be here beyond one year.  Turn them in for future assets now.  Don't wait.  If this team were an 8 seed this year with a top 5 pick and the hole at PG, maybe we NEED Ross.  But it isn't and the needs are plenty.  Better to have a future asset than one year of Terrence Ross.

I'm not entirely sure the front office knows what it is building. This off-season will be key.  Can the dump the salary commitments to Fournier, Vucevic and Ross?   Can they resign Gordon to something less than max without ensuring he is gone when the next contract expires?  What happens with Hezonja?