Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

We need to stay far away from that batum contract I think

If Bridges or Sexton are on the board at 11, I would bite the bullet. It really is bad since it increases to $27M in the final year, but that's why you get the pick, and the Biz deal expires the same year, so that's a lot coming off the books at once. Not sure how big of a FA player we would be in the intervening years anyway...

1 minute ago, Mack1085 said:

If Bridges or Sexton are on the board at 11, I would bite the bullet. It really is bad since it increases to $27M in the final year, but that's why you get the pick, and the Biz deal expires the same year, so that's a lot coming off the books at once. Not sure how big of a FA player we would be in the intervening years anyway...

honestly I'd eat any contact to get another nice pick from this deep draft 

3 hours ago, Mack1085 said:

In light of Weltman's statement that we won't be taking shortcuts, any chance we can poach another lotto pick in the draft this year to entertain us while the team wins 32 games next year?

Would Charlotte give up #11 if someone took Batum off their hands?

What is $23M in expiring deals worth to Cleveland?

Does Philly want another rookie on their playoff team?

1) I don't think we have the assets to make it happen, and we definitely don't have the cap space. Also, the Batum contract ties up too much future, it's kind of a "shortcut". 

2) Not much, since they are already going to be so far over. Also, they are working to convince Lebron to stay, so the influx of talent counts more than expiring? Even more so if he leaves. 

3) Why not, if it is more talent? Reddick is a FA, so if they can slot a talented rookie in at #10 (Mikal Bridges?). Also, if that Lakers pick ends up as #2 or #3 it actually goes to Boston, not Philadelphia. 

26 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

I think this would qualify as a “shortcut” though... What would the trade look like? I’m guessing it would have to include Evan and or biz

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

What would the trade look like? I’m guessing it would have to include Evan and or biz

Vuc/Ross/Mack

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

1) I don't think we have the assets to make it happen, and we definitely don't have the cap space. Also, the Batum contract ties up too much future, it's kind of a "shortcut". 

2) Not much, since they are already going to be so far over. Also, they are working to convince Lebron to stay, so the influx of talent counts more than expiring? Even more so if he leaves. 

3) Why not, if it is more talent? Reddick is a FA, so if they can slot a talented rookie in at #10 (Mikal Bridges?). Also, if that Lakers pick ends up as #2 or #3 it actually goes to Boston, not Philadelphia. 

1) Evan and Mack for Batum and 11? 

2) That’s why the expirings are valuable. They can be included in a trade for a big contract player without the other team taking on long term salary

3) Maybe you’re right. But maybe they want some more vet players on good contracts like a J Simms 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Vuc/Ross/Mack

Barf... we would have so many horrible contracts. As much as I would love to ship away vuc the only way I could swallow that massive Batum pill is if we get the a 2018 first and a 2020 first or 2018 first and kemba but I’m not even confident we could retain kemba.

Plus I don’t know if Charlotte would do it even though it gives the a clean slate and a tank squad for a couple years to start the rebuild

1 minute ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Barf... we would have so many horrible contracts. As much as I would love to ship away vuc the only way I could swallow that massive Batum pill is if we get the a 2018 first and a 2020 first or 2018 first and kemba but I’m not even confident we could retain kemba.

Plus I don’t know if Charlotte would do it even though it gives the a clean slate and a tank squad for a couple years to start the rebuild

Yeah, I don't think we would do it and no way Charlotte is interested if Biz is involved. Fournier is caught between being better than a salary dump but worse than his contract so he is probably here for a while. 

2 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Yeah, I don't think we would do it and no way Charlotte is interested if Biz is involved. Fournier is caught between being better than a salary dump but worse than his contract so he is probably here for a while. 

You hit the nail on the head with fournier