Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ML6 said:

For those irate about winning last night -- what more should they have done?  Instructed the players to sit at midcourt?  We played GLeague guys all 2nd half and Washington still couldn't do anything right.  Can't do much about a team ****ting the bed; the Washington Generals would've put up a better fight.

Irate is not a good word about all us tankers who were disappointed.  Reality is even most non tankers saw no value in winning last night, especially when the reward was a better chance at a better draft pick.  Maybe it will all work out and we will get lucky, we can only hope.  But to answer your question as to what more we could have done, we could have not played any starter at all.  Dallas gave up, at home, 124 points to Phoenix, yes Phoenix, because their lineup was 2nd and 3rd stringers the entire game.  It was their fan appreciation night and their answer was to give their fans a better chance at a better draft pick!  If there was ever a case where a team tanked  that should be fined AND penalized a draft pick that should be it but it why I think Silver is a weasel because I think he will do NOTHING!!!

1 hour ago, J-Mac said:

Washington usually beats us by the pick n roll when the big have to switch on to wall or beal, and that big is usually vuch. But sense it was birch, beal was never able to get hot. Shoot if mo never got ejected then we probably would of loss, beal would've killed mo on the switch

We played Washington 3 other times this year. Vuc didn't play in 2 and was injured in the first 5 minutes in the third.  We lost all 3

Stop with your facts, you are ruining the parade, Vogel should have obviously played starters 48 minutes to lose this game.

You'd think a team that managed to lose 57 games up until last night could have found a way to lose one more. Playing guys who are fighting for their careers definitely seemed to have backfired though.

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We gave Washington 19 wide open completely uncontested threes and they hit 5 of them.  

We gave Bradley Beal, a supposedly elite shooter,  5 wide open completely uncontested threes and he hit zero. 

No matter how bad you want to tank one thing you can NOT do is make the ball go in the basket for the other team. We'll get a good pick somewhere between 1-8 and we'll have 35 and 41 to work with too. Maybe we'll get lucky and can work a trade for Vuc's $12M expiring contract that gets us a pack of gum and another decent pick.

4 hours ago, magicblue said:

I think the GLeaguer's actually gave much more effort than the regular starters would have. Playing Vuc more probably doesn't allow Birch to have the impact he had just based on the energy he brought. Either way its concerning that Vogel still hasn't fully acknowledged that we're a better team with Vuc on the bench, but hopefully we can move Vuc this summer and take the option off the table for Vogel or whoever is coaching this team next season

Agree with all this. As we now know, it won’t be Vogel. Hopefully either Vuch is gone, or Vogel’s replacement is a quick study. The last thing we need is another “evaluation year” for the new coach. 

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Agree with all this. As we now know, it won’t be Vogel. Hopefully either Vuch is gone, or Vogel’s replacement is a quick study. The last thing we need is another “evaluation year” for the new coach. 

Hey, we agree on something. It actually is possible

6 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

Irate is not a good word about all us tankers who were disappointed.  Reality is even most non tankers saw no value in winning last night, especially when the reward was a better chance at a better draft pick.  Maybe it will all work out and we will get lucky, we can only hope.  But to answer your question as to what more we could have done, we could have not played any starter at all.  Dallas gave up, at home, 124 points to Phoenix, yes Phoenix, because their lineup was 2nd and 3rd stringers the entire game.  It was their fan appreciation night and their answer was to give their fans a better chance at a better draft pick!  If there was ever a case where a team tanked  that should be fined AND penalized a draft pick that should be it but it why I think Silver is a weasel because I think he will do NOTHING!!!

Odds are Odds!, call me a tanker, but I believe in mathematics at that stage of the game. They will most likely be trying to move some of the players, so I’m not so sure on the culture argument.

5 hours ago, magicblue said:

Hey, we agree on something. It actually is possible

Sure.  I’m not interested in throwing rocks at others, but I will defend myself from negative comments. 

14 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

We gave Washington 19 wide open completely uncontested threes and they hit 5 of them.  

We gave Bradley Beal, a supposedly elite shooter,  5 wide open completely uncontested threes and he hit zero. 

I've always felt Beal to be very over rated, and he's not even rated all that high