Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Technically we don't.  There's a minute chance that if everything remains the same and we lose a coin flip between atlanta and Dallas for draft order and three teams jump us in the lottery then we'll be 8th. But there's a 1/1000 chance of that happening compared to a 38% chance we get the 1, 2, or 3 pick.  

If that ever happened and The Cavs go ahead of us then we need hire the Pink Panther. I dont see that happening. 

The magic should probably look at Duval in the second round.  He's bad at everything but he's athletic and long and was a top 4-7 high school player. 

• Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

The magic should probably look at Duval in the second round.  He's bad at everything but he's athletic and long and was a top 4-7 high school player. 

Ah yes just what we need, a bad player

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Ah yes just what we need, a bad player

At 41 I'm not holding my breath for anything. Might make sense to go after upside

45 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

At 41 I'm not holding my breath for anything. Might make sense to go after upside

If the mid can develop a shot of course he's worth a look, at one point he was a top 10 mock guy. BUT if you can't shoot, you can't get minutes man

10 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If the mid can develop a shot of course he's worth a look, at one point he was a top 10 mock guy. BUT if you can't shoot, you can't get minutes man

You could two way him though

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Here is a PG that might fit our needs in the 2nd round---can shoot, play D

Now that former Penn State basketball point guard Tony Carr has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, it’s time to start looking at which teams might be the most interested in selecting the Philadelphia native this year.

The 6’5″, 205-pound floor general can score from anywhere, and his length and athleticism give Carr a lot of room to grow as a defender once he’s in the league. He won’t be taking 20 shots per game at this level, so his ability to pass the ball and rebound with his larger-than-average size gives Carr a leg up on other point guards in this draft like Villanova’s Jalen Brunson, UCLA’s Aaron Holiday, and France’s Elie Okobo — all three of whom are point guards listed close to Carr in many recent mock drafts.

Orlando Magic

This fit depends a lot on how the Magic decide to use their first pick, which is projected to end up as a top-5 selection. If Orlando skips over a point guard and goes with a center like Mo Bamba, it would still need to address the point guard spot with its second-round pick.

With a solid young cast of players including forwards Aaron Gordon, Bismarck Biyombo, Jonathan Isaac, and Mario Hezonja, Orlando desperately needs an upgrade in the backcourt. The point guard combination of D.J. Augustin and Shelvin Mack doesn’t sound like it’ll bring serious success anytime soon, and Carr should prove to be a better scorer than Mack and a better defender with Augustin almost from the start.

The Magic are built a lot like the Nittany Lions, too, as Isaac, Biyombo, and Gordon are no strangers to flying above the rim just like Josh Reaves, Lamar Stevens, and Mike Watkins did all season. Carr can be a legitimate contributor for this team immediately as a rookie, and could do a lot of damage in the weaker Eastern Conference.

1 minute ago, Originalticketholder said:

Here is a PG that might fit our needs in the 2nd round---can shoot, play D

Now that former Penn State basketball point guard Tony Carr has declared for the 2018 NBA Draft, it’s time to start looking at which teams might be the most interested in selecting the Philadelphia native this year.

The 6’5″, 205-pound floor general can score from anywhere, and his length and athleticism give Carr a lot of room to grow as a defender once he’s in the league. He won’t be taking 20 shots per game at this level, so his ability to pass the ball and rebound with his larger-than-average size gives Carr a leg up on other point guards in this draft like Villanova’s Jalen Brunson, UCLA’s Aaron Holiday, and France’s Elie Okobo — all three of whom are point guards listed close to Carr in many recent mock drafts.

Orlando Magic

This fit depends a lot on how the Magic decide to use their first pick, which is projected to end up as a top-5 selection. If Orlando skips over a point guard and goes with a center like Mo Bamba, it would still need to address the point guard spot with its second-round pick.

With a solid young cast of players including forwards Aaron Gordon, Bismarck Biyombo, Jonathan Isaac, and Mario Hezonja, Orlando desperately needs an upgrade in the backcourt. The point guard combination of D.J. Augustin and Shelvin Mack doesn’t sound like it’ll bring serious success anytime soon, and Carr should prove to be a better scorer than Mack and a better defender with Augustin almost from the start.

The Magic are built a lot like the Nittany Lions, too, as Isaac, Biyombo, and Gordon are no strangers to flying above the rim just like Josh Reaves, Lamar Stevens, and Mike Watkins did all season. Carr can be a legitimate contributor for this team immediately as a rookie, and could do a lot of damage in the weaker Eastern Conference.

Not a fan

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I think it is better to get guys with defined skills, even if they only bring one thing to the table

I really really hope we luck in to Doncic. I think he would solve a lot of our issues structurally and he is a wholly unique prospect otherwise.

While I know they aren’t the same player at all, I watch the magic Ben Simmons, another truly unique player, brings on the court and think there may be a similar lightning to catch

Or perhaps I am just projecting what I want in a player on to the guy it fits closest

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I think it is better to get guys with defined skills, even if they only bring one thing to the table

Or not a guy whose missing skill might negate anything else he may bring