Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean what was Vaughn thinking letting tobias hit a game winner against atlanta on December 13th 2014? Didn't he realize 66 games later we'd need that loss? 

That's why Vaughn isn't here anymore!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean what was Vaughn thinking letting tobias hit a game winner against atlanta on December 13th 2014? Didn't he realize 66 games later we'd need that loss? 

It's not worth arguing with some people. Early in the season when we win its so exciting, but a few months later when we are eliminated it becomes "gosh, why did we win all those meaningless games".

I consider myself to be very pro-tank, but time and time again I log on here and realize that some people have very unrealistic expectations for losing games. 

Even just a few days ago after the Atlanta loss and a few other teams wins there were posters talking about how we can afford to win a few games now. Then we actually do it and everyone goes into a panic.

51 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

Even just a few days ago after the Atlanta loss and a few other teams wins there were posters talking about how we can afford to win a few games now. Then we actually do it and everyone goes into a panic.

As long as we get in the top 6-7 we are going to get a great pick!

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As long as we get in the top 6-7 we are going to get a great pick!

And I think the only thing that will prevent that is bad luck at this point. I’d be surprised if we play some of these guys again till next year with AG and Vuc out

On 4/5/2018 at 11:59 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

It's all about fun so with just a few games to go here is my prediction:

1. Phoenix 20 wins but MUST lose to Dallas to protect the worst record which also breaks our tie with Dallas.

2. Memphis 21 should not win another game and are hoping somehow Dallas out-tanks the Suns for a worst record tie. Need to lose to Sacramento in case Phoenix beats Dallas.

3. Atlanta 23 probably will not win another game but could win 1 without losing tied for 3nd worst record. They play no lottery teams. Successfully out-tanked us and probably has a lock on 3rd worst.

4. Magic 24 shouldn't win another game and if we don't we lock up 4th worst record providing Dallas can't out-tank Phoenix. If we win 1 we tie Dallas for 4th and if we win 2 we jump Dallas and tie Sacramento for 5th. If we follow our tradition of winning meaningless games at the end of the season and take 3 we jump both Dallas and Sacramento and have a  tie with Chicago for 6th which could end up picking as bad as 8th.

5. Dallas 25 unless somehow they figure out a way to let Phoenix beat them. Phoenix has worst record locked up if they don't win another game. Expect a football score!

6. Sacramento 26 probably won't win any more.

7. Chicago 27 should tank both games against Brooklyn to get a better pick and keep the Cavs farther out

8. New York 28 probably won't win another game

8.  Brooklyn 28 should beat Chicago twice if the Bulls tank correctly.

Updated 1 AM 4-07-18

7 hours ago, Pootie Tang said:

I'm so beyond tired of this team not tanking properly. Wasted so many years at this point with no end in sight. Being a Magic fan is worse than being a fan of any other team in the NBA and you're kidding yourself if you don't think so 

You have it backwards.  We’ve wasted all these years with no end in sight because of the decision to tank in the first place.  If you don’t luck out it’s a disaster. 

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That would be great. We'd need luck for that, no way to earn them.

Yeah.  It's too bad performances like tonight don't count for 2 losses.

Ask the fans who were foolish enough to go the game if they got their money's worth.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

That would be great. We'd need luck for that, no way to earn them.

No we needed to learn to not win meaningless games late in the season. God knows we are going need to tank again next year....might as well learn how to get it right this year.

1 minute ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

No we needed to learn to not win meaningless games late in the season. God knows we are going need to tank again next year....might as well learn how to get it right this year.

Yeah.  We need to get even better at losing.  That's the secret to success we've been missing.