Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

But yes, I'm not complaining about adding a strong defensive C. At least we'd have an identity. Our team for the last 6 years has just looked anarchic, and most importantly: bad

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

the magical free agent who wants to come here to get double and triple teamed 

Right. I really like Young but I think our offense is so bad that he wouldn't fix our problems by himself. I'd still like to have a SG that could create off the dribble to go along with Young, Isaac, Gordon and Birch?

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Who would add offense though?

I’m pretty sure these guys won’t start out of the gate, but if Gordon evolves and TRoss can get his stroke back, we’ll definitely need a scoring point. I also think JI has potential to have an effective 3 ball, not sure about his post threat. 

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Right. I really like Young but I think our offense is so bad that he wouldn't fix our problems by himself. I'd still like to have a SG that could create off the dribble to go along with Young, Isaac, Gordon and Birch?

I predict shooting guard to have a renaissance starting next season. 

I love Young and I've been trolling a bit lately about him but I honestly won't be mad with anyone we pick unless it's Wendal Carter

To the Allen Iverson point:

He was lucky to make it to the finals when he did. Terrible Eastern Conference that also let in the Knicks without Ewing and the Nets twice in that era. Seriously, regardless of era, he was overrated. His efficiency didn't measure up to other guys of his time. He defended absurdly well for a guy his size, though. Basically, Iverson was just Kyrie's handles with the rest of Monte Ellis' offense, and Avery Bradley's defense, and smaller than all those guys.

4 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I predict shooting guard to have a renaissance starting next season. 

I love Young and I've been trolling a bit lately about him but I honestly won't be mad with anyone we pick unless it's Wendal Carter

And Carter might be an alright player but it's so boring. Like drafting an offensive guard in the top 10 of the NFL draft. He's going to be that guy that bloggers write about for years "Carter is better than you think.  Here's why"

Bleh. I want something fancy early in the lotto

3 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

He was lucky to make it to the finals when he did. Terrible Eastern Conference that also let in the Knicks without Ewing and the Nets twice in that era. Seriously, regardless of era, he was overrated. His efficiency didn't measure up to other guys of his time. He defended absurdly well for a guy his size, though. Basically, Iverson was just Kyrie's handles with the rest of Monte Ellis' offense, and Avery Bradley's defense, and smaller than all those guys.

dude played shooting guard at 6 foot 160 sopping wet. madness 

Just now, ?4thewin said:

And Carter might be an alright player but it's so boring. Like drafting an offensive guard in the top 10 of the NFL draft. He's going to be that guy that bloggers write about for years "Carter is better than you think.  Here's why"

exactly!!

4 minutes ago, Justin Jaudon said:

I think in his era he was fine.  But people don't realize how sucky the league was then especially compared to now.  Our  McGrady teams wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I think in his era he was fine.  But people don't realize how sucky the league was then especially compared to now.  Our  McGrady teams wouldn't even sniff the playoffs.  

I remember being excited adding Giricheck thinking hed be a real piece. Goodness

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Yes. As I've said before, you shoot for the stars in the draft. Free agency exists for a reason