Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Young has more chance to go 11 than 1

Combine and Individual workouts will make or break Young.  If he nails them both he could fly up the draft board.  If not he will drop.  I am of the persuasion he will go up not down and be in the 4-7 range when it is all said and done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tank Vogel said:

Young has more chance to go 11 than 1

41 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

that's an adorable take

Ayton or Doncic should be 1 & 2 depending on who is picking 1st. Young should go more in the range where we are picking.

Add another PG to our watch list as a possible second round selection if  we do not choose Trae Young---Tony Carr of Penn State who declared for the draft Monday.  Also waiting on word from Divincenzo of Villanova who would be another to watch.

What am I missing with young?  Would some of you sincerely take him first?  Maybe the sarcasm is flying over my head this morning.

I see a physically disadvantaged guy who put up big numbers due to being given the ultimate green light along with absolutely zero discipline.  His reputation as a shooter is elevated from the start of the season, after which he dropped precipitously back down to Earth.  He was slowed/stopped by athletic college defenders once he was pinpointed as the focal point.  His passing is his real skill.

But hey, anytime you can draft an undersized,  inefficient, chucking non-defender with the first overall pick, you've gotta do it!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, ML6 said:

What am I missing with young?  Would some of you sincerely take him first?  Maybe the sarcasm is flying over my head this morning.

I see a physically disadvantaged guy who put up big numbers due to being given the ultimate green light along with absolutely zero discipline.  His reputation as a shooter is elevated from the start of the season, after which he dropped precipitously back down to Earth.  He was slowed/stopped by athletic college defenders once he was pinpointed as the focal point.  His passing is his real skill.

But hey, anytime you can draft an undersized,  inefficient, chucking non-defender with the first overall pick, you've gotta do it!

I don't think you're missing a damn thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I see the same thing, and I think the numbers back that up. 

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Sacramento could win the lottery

I think Doncic and Ayton are locks for 1 & 2 (or 2 & 1)

Just too much media pressure. GMs are scared of looking like fools

7 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I believe Young is the best point guard prospect since Damian Lillard by quite some distance, but we'll only be able to tell in the NBA.

From 2013-2016 this may be true.  2017 had Futlz/Ball/Fox, all of whom I find more appealing.  But it kind of feels like the absence of high-level PG prospects during those years hampers this a bit -- do we care if he's the best PG prospect if the rest haven't been that good to begin with?

IDK

43 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I believe Young is the best point guard prospect since Damian Lillard by quite some distance, but we'll only be able to tell in the NBA.

he's a better shooter and passer than Fultz (by a huge margin) who went #1 last year. 

Young shot 66% on off ball catch and shoot opportunities. 54% on dribble pull ups before teams started double and tripling him at half court. he won't face that in the league. He lit up Jevon Carter twice, Carter's was the best point of attack defender in the NCAA last year. He'll be much more efficient in the league when he settles in.