Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, billy5783 said:

I’m 100% pro tank. But some of you guy are absolutely ridiculous about the lengths you want to go to tank and how upset y’all get.

Imagine being the hornets/bobcats. You are the most awful team in league history. You get the top odds. A franchise talent lies at #1 in Anthony Davis. You don’t win the lottery and end up with MKG and now you had a whole lost season for nothing. 

Stuff happens both ways man. Just be a fan enjoy the season and get excited about the player we get. Cause a bust can happen ANYWHERE in the draft. I am pro tank but I am not gonna let a win here and there get me all butt hurt like some of you. Go ahead and downvote me but y’all get pitiful about this stuff sometimes.

there ain't a player projected to go in the lottery that couldn't help this team in 1 way or another, so I agree :)

17 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As long as Dallas beats Phoenix it's OK if we win tonight. Phoenix will be protecting their bottom position when they play Dallas. I expect a football score LOL

That is the last game of the season so Dallas will lose to protect their draft position if needed.  Phoenix will have #1 wrapped up!!  I see no reason to win tonight!!!

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And this is a perfect example of why you have to watch those "meaningless" wins at the end of the season. Sometimes 1 game really CAN make that much of a difference. And 1 from me, great post! 2 teams are going to get Ayton and Doncic as well as the best 2 2nd round picks. One of those teams COULD have been us!

Nailed it with your posts and the post you responded to.  If we beat Dallas tonight I think we end up at #5.  Then we hope for a lucky ping pong ball bounce (unlikely) or have some serious choices with what is left.  Odds are at #5  (26%) you stay there or a 36% chance you go to #6.  Winning tonight is just hot intelligent planning!

16 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Nailed it with your posts and the post you responded to.  If we beat Dallas tonight I think we end up at #5.  Then we hope for a lucky ping pong ball bounce (unlikely) or have some serious choices with what is left.  Odds are at #5  (26%) you stay there or a 36% chance you go to #6.  Winning tonight is just hot intelligent planning!

If all goes well we should end up #4 and we still have a remote shot at #3. Either way we will get a player that will help us grow and maybe get lucky with our 2nd round picks to! This is a very deep draft and a lot of good players will get picked in the 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

That is the last game of the season so Dallas will lose to protect their draft position if needed.  Phoenix will have #1 wrapped up!!  I see no reason to win tonight!!!

I don't think you really understand what tanking is.  It's not players throwing games.  It's playing young guys for "development" and trying out weird lineups.  Players aren't losing on purpose.  

Dallas didn't make a decision to win last night.  They got hot and Lillard got hurt.  They still try every night.  And that's why they're holding guys out.  

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

Winning tonight is just hot intelligent planning!

Yep. We should do everything possible to make sure we lose. We should hold out all players who are even a little hurt. We should give starter minutes to G-League guys. We should have a strategy of hack-a-McDermott, and pay the referees to call lots of fouls on us, even when we don't. The coaches should implement the 3 seconds or less offensive strategy, chucking shots from anywhere up to 60 ft. We should have the players' hands chopped off if they score more than one basket. We have to lose, even if we have to commit mass murder of our own players.That's just clearly good sound franchise strategy at this point.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Yep. We should do everything possible to make sure we lose. We should hold out all players who are even a little hurt. We should give starter minutes to G-League guys. We should have a strategy of hack-a-McDermott, and pay the referees to call lots of fouls on us, even when we don't. The coaches should implement the 3 seconds or less offensive strategy, chucking shots from anywhere up to 60 ft. We should have the players' hands chopped off if they score more than one basket. We have to lose, even if we have to commit mass murder of our own players.That's just clearly good sound franchise strategy at this point.

murder should always be the last resort to acquiring talented players in the draft judge all you want but I stand by that stance firmly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think you really understand what tanking is.  It's not players throwing games.  It's playing young guys for "development" and trying out weird lineups.  Players aren't losing on purpose.  

Dallas didn't make a decision to win last night.  They got hot and Lillard got hurt.  They still try every night.  And that's why they're holding guys out.  

Yep, everyone should understand that, for the most part, players don't really care about the long term plans of the team they are on- especially when they might not be on the team for much longer. Most are competitive so they play to win, but they also generally looking for their next paycheck and know that playing better should equal a contract or more money down the line.

On top of all of this, drafting a high pick gives a higher chance that the player may be replaced by that high draft pick. For example, why would Vuch, Biyombo, or Birch want us to be bad enough that we draft Ayton or JJJ or Bamba who would likely be replacing them in the line-ups/ on the roster?

1 hour ago, Justin Jaudon said:

Glad you have come over from the dark side and embraced tanking.  As for strategy we do not have anyone who can shoot from 60 feet, we would have to draft Trae Young for that type of range.  I abhor blood so not chopping off of hands but we could use handcuffs.  Cheaper too due to no ambulance needed and ER visit avoided.  I have stated I like our team and murder is a crime and violation of the 5th commandment of God and since I want to go to heaven, i recommend abstaining from murder.  Playing them less is OK!   No extra fouls needed we just need to play (or should I say NOT play) like the Knicks did last night.  I would love to see us have a 28 point second half tonight.  That way I know the team is trying to get the best possible player.  That would be a great message to all Magic fans; that management is doing everything in their power to make this team better.  And I think losing tonight helps us more than winning.

24 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Glad you have come over from the dark side and embraced tanking.  As for strategy we do not have anyone who can shoot from 60 feet, we would have to draft Trae Young for that type of range.  I abhor blood so not chopping off of hands but we could use handcuffs.  Cheaper too due to no ambulance needed and ER visit avoided.  I have stated I like our team and murder is a crime and violation of the 5th commandment of God and since I want to go to heaven, i recommend abstaining from murder.  Playing them less is OK!   No extra fouls needed we just need to play (or should I say NOT play) like the Knicks did last night.  I would love to see us have a 28 point second half tonight.  That way I know the team is trying to get the best possible player.  That would be a great message to all Magic fans; that management is doing everything in their power to make this team better.  And I think losing tonight helps us more than winning.

It's be real nice if Orlando offered counseling to us fans, maybe a subscription to a video series that would walk us through things