Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

I want the best player possible.  Did you see the Knicks total lack of effort in the 2nd half.  28 points in the 2nd half.  Not caring/no effort/tanking or whatever you want to call it are the same thing.  One play when we got an offensive rebound two Knick players just stood there and then one of them just shoved our guy.  Knicks just mailed it in!  Why--I suspect tanking!!!

In the first half vucevic dropped an uncontested defensive rebound off of his foot and it rolled out of bounds.  

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In the first half vucevic dropped an uncontested defensive rebound off of his foot and it rolled out of bounds.  

he also dived for the ball. 

At this point I'm longer concerned with tanking, we have gotten far enough where knocking ourselves into the 7-9th pick is pretty much out of reach. As long as we finish bottom 5 we will be in line for a very good pick. Many of the mocks even show Doncic falling to us at 4 or 5.  If we choose a big I hope the FO has center in mind rather than someone who will compete for minutes with AG & Isaac.
My top 5 in order:

Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Young

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

At this point I'm longer concerned with tanking, we have gotten far enough where knocking ourselves into the 7-9th pick is pretty much out of reach. As long as we finish bottom 5 we will be in line for a very good pick. Many of the mocks even show Doncic falling to us at 4 or 5.  If we choose a big I hope the FO has center in mind rather than someone who will compete for minutes with AG & Isaac.
My top 5 in order:

Doncic, Ayton, JJJ, Bamba, Young

If there's a mock that has doncic falling to 5 you should just stop paying attention to that because they obviously have no idea what they're talking about

Just now, ?4thewin said:

If there's a mock that has doncic falling to 5 you should just stop paying attention to that because they obviously have no idea what they're talking about

Yeah it wasn't any of the mainstream ones... one can hope though :D

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Tanking isn't about deliberately throwing games.  It's about artificially worsening your odds to win.  We've shut down a good percentage of the team.  We're not playing any veterans over younger players.  We played our 14th, 15th, and 16th spots in the rotation starters minutes in the second half.  

Not much else you can do.  Mario artis and mack got hot.  Mudiay is really bad.  

I concur and I do not think we are tanking.  We are developing players and they are trying.  But other teams appear to be.  If Knicks lose their last 4 games and I think they will, last nights loss was critical to improve their position.  They can only move up if they lose out and their lack of effort last night appeared to be part of that plan.  Knicks were at position 9, now at 8 and could get to 6 only if they lose out!   We need the same effort (?) against Dallas to protect our position!

10 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

We need the same effort (?) against Dallas to protect our position!

As long as Dallas beats Phoenix it's OK if we win tonight. Phoenix will be protecting their bottom position when they play Dallas. I expect a football score LOL

• Like 1

11 hours ago, billy5783 said:

We are pretty much in the exact same position right now that we were before the game. The Mavs win kept us there. Still have the 4th odds. Just relax

Wait for it....weve got another two wins in this streak....  could you imagine being the Dallas Mavericks in April beating the Orlando Magic 102-89. You break the tie with Orlando leaving Orlando as the 2nd worst team in the league. A meaningless win no doubt.....anybody remember Jimmy Jackson? He is the guy Dallas got after that tie breaking win....we got Shaquille O'neal....and its even worse the heat jumped them and got Alonzo Mourning. Laettner went to Minny leaving garbage for Dallas. Anyone want to know why Mark Cuban is deliberately tanking need only ask how much losing Shaquille O'neal cost the Mavs.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

Wait for it....weve got another two wins in this streak....  could you imagine being the Dallas Mavericks in April beating the Orlando Magic 102-89. You break the tie with Orlando leaving Orlando as the 2nd worst team in the league. A meaningless win no doubt.....anybody remember Jimmy Jackson? He is the guy Dallas got after that tie breaking win....we got Shaquille O'neal....and its even worse the heat jumped them and got Alonzo Mourning. Laettner went to Minny leaving garbage for Dallas. Anyone want to know why Mark Cuban is deliberately tanking need only ask how much losing Shaquille O'neal cost the Mavs.

THIS POST IS GOLDEN

30 minutes ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

And this is a perfect example of why you have to watch those "meaningless" wins at the end of the season. Sometimes 1 game really CAN make that much of a difference. And 1 from me, great post! 2 teams are going to get Ayton and Doncic as well as the best 2 2nd round picks. One of those teams COULD have been us!

20 minutes ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

I’m 100% pro tank. But some of you guy are absolutely ridiculous about the lengths you want to go to tank and how upset y’all get.

Imagine being the hornets/bobcats. You are the most awful team in league history. You get the top odds. A franchise talent lies at #1 in Anthony Davis. You don’t win the lottery and end up with MKG and now you had a whole lost season for nothing. 

Stuff happens both ways man. Just be a fan enjoy the season and get excited about the player we get. Cause a bust can happen ANYWHERE in the draft. I am pro tank but I am not gonna let a win here and there get me all butt hurt like some of you. Go ahead and downvote me but y’all get pitiful about this stuff sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2