Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I prefer big guards that can score and make fancy passes without relying on the 3 pointer.

yeah there aren't a lot of those

23 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

How about instead of a pick, we deal Fournier, Isaac and our first for Kawhi Leonard?

I’m your huckleberry 

On 4/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Edited 4-3-18 11:18 PM

I agree 100% Whatever we did at the end of the season in past years is irrelevant but this year it could make a very major difference. The bulls and Nets play each other twice so at least 1 of them will win games.

Right now we are alone at 4th worst and nobody can take that away from us except ourselves. Each and every win from here on out could change our ping pong ball odds.

Phoenix at 20 wins is pretty much a lock for worst team.

Atlanta (22 wins) no more lotto teams left to play.

Memphis (21 wins) only has Sacramento to play in the lower lotto hunt left

So the bottom 4 could/should be

Phoenix 20

Memphis 21

Atlanta 22

Magic 23

As you can see the last meaningless win we had already cost us a slot being in 3rd worst all by ourselves.

The next 4 could/should be

Dallas (24 wins) but they still play us & Phoenix so probably 26 wins

Sacramento (25 wins) but they still play Memphis so probably 26 wins. 

Brooklyn (25 wins) but still play us & Chicago twice so between 26 & 28 wins

Chicago (27 wins) but they still play Brooklyn twice so probably 27-29 wins

So as you can see there are a lot of teams that have something to lose by winning.

We could beat 2 more teams and still be at least tied for 4th as long as Dallas doesn't lose all their games and beats us.

Our future is in our own hands as far as our pick. We could land anywhere from 3rd worst to 8th. Hopefully everything we do until the end of the season is the right decision!

So today's meaningless win knocked us from tied for 3rd to 4th place. But hey, we built some winning culture for our G league players and Mario, none of whom may be on our team next season! As long as we lose to Dallas and don't win more than 2 more games we are locked into finishing no worse than tied for 5th at this point but we'll probably get 4th.  

40 minutes ago, Magicpassion said:

I’d take Doncic all day long over Young. A much more complete player. 

I'd love to be on a position to try Doncic at the point. At 6'8 he'd be a tough matchup on offense and if we can get him in a good switching defense we are looking pretty tall out there.

9 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So today's meaningless win knocked us from tied for 3rd to 4th place. But hey, we built some winning culture for our G league players and Mario, none of which may be on our team next season!

We are pretty much in the exact same position right now that we were before the game. The Mavs win kept us there. Still have the 4th odds. Just relax

8 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So today's meaningless win knocked us from tied for 3rd to 4th place. But hey, we built some winning culture for our G league players and Mario, none of which may be on our team next season!

Meh... Dallas and Chicago both also won. At this point the odds of us finishing either 4 or 5 is super high. Phoenix and Memphis won’t catch us, we won’t catch Chicago, Sacramento, New York... if we lose to Dallas tomorrow we all but secure 4, we’ll see. Just enjoy the games and let the ping pong balls fall where they may.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

We are pretty much in the exact same position right now that we were before the game. The Mavs win kept us there. Still have the 4th odds. Just relax

I'm confident that we will get a good pick regardless of where we end up. It's fun juggling the remaining games though :D With our 3 picks we should come away with some guys that can help us get out of the cellar next season. We have 2 decent expiring contracts to trade in Vuc and Mack and as long as Vuc is not our starting defensive hole next season I will be happy :D

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm confident that we will get a good pick regardless of where we end up. It's fun juggling the remaining games though :D

For sure. And for the record I do agree with you on the culture argument. When you have a lame duck coach like we do, the culture stuff can start next year with new blood.