Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

22 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

1. Going from selecting isaac at 5 to selecting isaac at 6 didn't hurt us

2. You're arguing we should have tanked for the 9th pick in the draft? Really? 

3. The difference between us and the Knicks was 8 games. The difference between us and the Lakers was 4 games.  Winning those 3 games took us from drafting Mario at 5 to drafting  Mario at 5. 

Late season wins have cost us nothing.  You just like to ***** about it. 

Yes I do...I havent enjoyed the last decade of gross incompetence and mismanagement by our team. Ive pointed out two late season 3 game win streaks which would put us in a substantially worse position than 3 meaningless losses would. I am aware that our picks didnt drop substantially for 2 of those 3 years but this year is quite different as I have said. Quite frankly when we knew we were horrible which was usually about mid January we should have gone full tank rather than half tank. I know no one likes to lose but Id damn sure rather be in the Sixers shoes than ours and its not even remotely close. They are probably 5 years ahead of us best case. Truthfully who the hell wants to watch a 20 win team or even a 30 win team with bare bones assets. Its just not fun period. Here is to losing out until years end...great loss to the Hawks today.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Annnndddd not having someone that can get the ball to the open player.  Now we have a good DJ for 15 minutes a game and IsoGordon for 40. 

Gordon's actually moved the ball well lately.  Over the last 10 games he's had passing numbers similar to Oladipo, reggie Jackson, Terry rozier. Guys are just missing shots.  

So we have a week of 3 games vs losing teams until we play the remaining 3 games vs playoff teams. We play NYK Dallas and Charlotte then Toronto Milwaukee and Washington to close out the season.

Alright I've been largely checked out since the All-Star break. I've checked the board regularly but not much is really going on. I researched Doncic for most of the day. Dude seems legit. Most of the Cons I read are fixable or can be covered up. I feel like the buzz around this kid has dropped a bit? So for those who have done more research than I have what are his cons and are the easily fixable and has his buzz dropped a bit? I am all for grabbing this kid. I don't know enough to have a big board but Ayton seems to be the only player who would be clearly above him.

I think for any chance to get Doncic we have to jump Memphis in the lottery, can't see them not taking him. 

• Upvote 1

With Sacramento and Chicago both winning last night the odds are that even if we win a couple more games the worst we do is tied for 4th and the best we could do is 2nd worst if we lose out and Memphis wins a few. We are in a great spot!

1 hour ago, The Boss said:

I think for any chance to get Doncic we have to jump Memphis in the lottery, can't see them not taking him. 

Let's say we somehow get Doncic. Would you try to trade for Dragic?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y94k6k35 (not sure Miami would do this trade)

This groupe would be fun to watch! Dragic/Doncic/Isaac/Gordon/Whiteside with Augustine, Simmons and Biyombo as benchplayers.

48 minutes ago, matthi32 said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y94k6k35 (not sure Miami would do this trade)

This groupe would be fun to watch! Dragic/Doncic/Isaac/Gordon/Whiteside with Augustine, Simmons and Biyombo as benchplayers.

No.  

4 hours ago, matthi32 said:

No but I will go after whiteside.  

Vuch and biz for whiteside.