Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

6 hours ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

Im waiting for the usual meaningless 3 game win streak at years end that screws us every year but it hasn't happened despite Vogel playing our starters way too much for proper tanking. These next few games are so meaningless to this season but so meaningful for our future rebuild. Hopefully someone in our organization values the tank accordingly.

I think it's utter crap you have -83 likes I don't understand

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Just because someone can shoot doesn’t mean they’re going to come in and be a difference maker.  There’s no pg this year that will make a noticeable impact next season except maybe Young.   And he’s a long shot.  SAG might be a good prospect but it’s going to take years to find out.  Milton has bench player upside.

I think that’s true if we’re looking at freshmen point guards. I actually hope we snag Graham or Brunson later in the draft, as I think both could have a Brogdon impact and maybe even start. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think that’s true if we’re looking at freshmen point guards. I actually hope we snag Graham or Brunson later in the draft, as I think both could have a Brogdon impact and maybe even start. 

Brunsons dad played in the NBA I didn't know that

7 hours ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

Im waiting for the usual meaningless 3 game win streak at years end that screws us every year but it hasn't happened despite Vogel playing our starters way too much for proper tanking. These next few games are so meaningless to this season but so meaningful for our future rebuild. Hopefully someone in our organization values the tank accordingly.

When has there been a meaningless 3 game win streak at the end of the year that screwed us? 

Hint: that's never actually happened

We've been so afraid of win streaks in the past that somehow a false narrative has grown that we've somehow won our way out of a top pick. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Hint: that's never actually happened

We've been so afraid of win streaks in the past that somehow a false narrative has grown that we've somehow won our way out of a top pick. 

Lets see we won 2 of the last 4 last year which dropped us from a tie with Philly one spot

The year prior we won 6 of the last 10 (including a meaningless 3 game win streak) dropping from 5 to 9

The year prior to that we won 3 of the last 7 (including another meaningless 3 game win streak).

We are winning over 50% of these meaningless late season games...for what? Does it really inspire the players or fans for the next year after losing 50-60 games and being the worst team in the league? 

Prior years haven't been as bunched up as this group of tankers either. Another 3 game win streak and we drastically reduce our chances in the lottery and if we don't hit the lottery we probably drop 4 spots from where we are. A higher pick is a better asset period...if we move up one more spot we may get an Embiid or Porzingas and not a project talent like Mario. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, the notorious S.A.C. said:

Lets see we won 2 of the last 4 last year which dropped us from a tie with Philly one spot

The year prior we won 6 of the last 10 (including a meaningless 3 game win streak) dropping from 5 to 9

The year prior to that we won 3 of the last 7 (including another meaningless 3 game win streak).

We are winning over 50% of these meaningless late season games...for what? Does it really inspire the players or fans for the next year after losing 50-60 games and being the worst team in the league? 

Prior years haven't been as bunched up as this group of tankers either. Another 3 game win streak and we drastically reduce our chances in the lottery and if we don't hit the lottery we probably drop 4 spots from where we are. A higher pick is a better asset period...if we move up one more spot we may get an Embiid or Porzingas and not a project talent like Mario. 

1. Going from selecting isaac at 5 to selecting isaac at 6 didn't hurt us

2. You're arguing we should have tanked for the 9th pick in the draft? Really? 

3. The difference between us and the Knicks was 8 games. The difference between us and the Lakers was 4 games.  Winning those 3 games took us from drafting Mario at 5 to drafting  Mario at 5. 

Late season wins have cost us nothing.  You just like to ***** about it. 

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Just because someone can shoot doesn’t mean they’re going to come in and be a difference maker.  There’s no pg this year that will make a noticeable impact next season except maybe Young.   And he’s a long shot.  SAG might be a good prospect but it’s going to take years to find out.  Milton has bench player upside.

WOW you sure sound very confident in your prediction! Can you pick some Florida Lotto numbers for me too? 

"Just because someone can shoot doesn’t mean they’re going to come in and be a difference maker." It also doesn't mean that they WON'T make a difference. All draftees are a crap shoot but nobody will know what they can or can't do until they get on the court and show us. I don't know about you but I'm pretty worn out on these last few years of having a PG that doesn't shoot 3s well enough to even need to be guarded up top. 

I know through an internet forum anything could be a lie, but I'm not joking, I went to the tankathon site for only the 2nd time and hit sim and we won the lottery again. I'm scared to go back and do it again, I think I'll just leave it at that. 

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

1. Going from selecting isaac at 5 to selecting isaac at 6 didn't hurt us

2. You're arguing we should have tanked for the 9th pick in the draft? Really? 

3. The difference between us and the Knicks was 8 games. The difference between us and the Lakers was 4 games.  Winning those 3 games took us from drafting Mario at 5 to drafting  Mario at 5. 

Late season wins have cost us nothing.  You just like to ***** about it. 

Your counterpoint about previous years is correct. Last year we would have been unlikely to have changed our pick from Isaac and the year we got Mario would not have changed either. However, this year is different.

Our next three games are against tanking teams (Atlanta, New York, Dallas). If we win these three games we will go from 22 to 25 wins, which is the same as the Bulls and Nets barring any further victories for them, and that means we could drop from 4 to 6-8. A further victory against the struggling Hornets (or a surprise victory against a play off team) and we improve to 26 wins and potential control over the 8th best odds if the Nets and Bulls don't win again.

I'd rate this as unlikely due to our inconsistency, but if we did have another late flurry of wins like previous seasons we could end up going from selecting one of Ayton, Bamba, Jackson, Doncic, Bagley, Porter and Young to potentially selecting from Sexton, Miles, Mikal, Carter and Knox. I would say making sure we retain the best odds as possible with no late flurry of wins is better for this team's future than winning a flurry of games and landing a lesser talent. Obviously we could get lucky and land our Donovan Mitchell at 8 and our 4th pick could be another Mario, but I think this year we are better off selecting higher in the lottery.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:31 AM, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I think we'll see those wholesale changes. Changing to a defense minded center will make a vast improvement. Having a PG that will spread the floor by being a threat from 3 will be a major change. It's going to be an interesting summer. 

Porzingis would have been nice instead of Mario and we missed him by one spot.