Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

yes, Memphis is the only team in the lottery who is in need of improvement in all 5 positions. I can't see them deciding  for any specific player before any of the workouts. 

Conley, Doncic, Parsons, Green, Gasol is a decent lineup to say the least IF they're healthy

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yes but if he can improve and is 6 foot 6 and doesn't grow a nest in his hair he could be a much better player than Payton 

And if he can't we are back to having a PG that can't shoot. Pass please. Give me one of the 6 PGs that CAN shoot! We don't need to be drafting any more guys and hope they learn to shoot, especially at this point of our rebuild. SAG and Milton are both 6'6 and both can shoot, why take the guy that is a hopeful project?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

That's from a year ago.  He missed the entire year for NCAA stuff and has apparently spent the last few months working on his threes. 

I'd still rather have one of the 6 other PGs that we know CAN shoot. NO MORE PROJECTS please!!!

So here's where we are:

Phoenix 19

Memphis & Atlanta 21

Magic 22

Dallas 23

Sacramento & Brooklyn 24

Chicago 25

NYK 27

We still have a very remote chance of finishing as bad as 9th but much better odds of finishing 1st - 3rd! Dallas +3 and Phoenix +16 are both up right now but I don't expect Phoenix to hold on to the barrage that is sure to come in the 4th. We can still lose to Dallas, NYK & Atlanta. Losing to Atlanta on Sunday puts us in a tie for 3rd!!!

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So here's where we are:

Phoenix 19

Memphis & Atlanta 21

Magic 22

Dallas 23

Sacramento & Brooklyn 24

Chicago 25

NYK 27

We still have a very remote chance of finishing as bad as 9th but much better odds of finishing 1st - 3rd! Dallas +3 and Phoenix +16 are both up right now but I don't expect Phoenix to hold on to the barrage that is sure to come in the 4th. We can still lose to Dallas, NYK & Atlanta. Losing to Atlanta on Sunday puts us in a tie for 3rd!!!

If we lose to Hawks (a must since that may be their only loss left), Knicks and Mavs we will probably be 3rd or 4th.  Brooklyn plays the Bulls (and Bulls play the easier schedule of the two) twice knocking both of them out.  Sacramento has the Suns and Memphis left knocking them out.  Dallas has us and the Suns left knocking them out.  I assume we will not get to 25 wins if we lose to the above 3.  Therefore Atlanta and us either 3 and 4 or 4 and 3. Bulls game tonight looks like we are in tank mode (a glorious thing if true). I would rather be 3 but maybe we will have luck in the actual lottery no matter what!!!

• Upvote 1

Im waiting for the usual meaningless 3 game win streak at years end that screws us every year but it hasn't happened despite Vogel playing our starters way too much for proper tanking. These next few games are so meaningless to this season but so meaningful for our future rebuild. Hopefully someone in our organization values the tank accordingly.

• Downvote 2

11 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So here's where we are:

Phoenix 19

Memphis & Atlanta 21

Magic 22

Dallas 23

Sacramento & Brooklyn 24

Chicago 25

NYK 27

Yes, Things are looking much more on a favor. The worse we can get now is 7-8 in my opinion. There are only 3 winneable games left in our schedule. Atlanta(visiting), Dallas(home) and NYK(visiting). I mentinoned this 3 as they are teams also battling for a top 5 pick. If we lose to NYK and win the other two then we are likely finishing top 5. If we lose to Dallas and NYK and lose the rest of the games, We are ending with a top 3-4 after Phoenix, Atlanta and Memphis(this if they all lose all their games left). If we lose to Atlanta and win Dallas and NYK we end likely at a top 4-5. 

If we lose all those 3 games but win against Charlotte or the Bucks we might still get a top 5. 

I am now confident that if we lose 2 out of the Atlanta, Dallas and NYK games we will be drafting top 5, for sure. 

that is one of Ayton, JJJ, Doncic, Bamba and Bagley. I am really getting behing the Doncic Bandwagon as our #1 selection. I am ok trading down for lowe lottery and first round pick as long as young or Shai are still available at the mid to late lottery spot. 

9 hours ago, Originalticketholder said:

If we lose to Hawks (a must since that may be their only loss left), Knicks and Mavs we will probably be 3rd or 4th.  Brooklyn plays the Bulls (and Bulls play the easier schedule of the two) twice knocking both of them out.  Sacramento has the Suns and Memphis left knocking them out.  Dallas has us and the Suns left knocking them out.  I assume we will not get to 25 wins if we lose to the above 3.  Therefore Atlanta and us either 3 and 4 or 4 and 3. Bulls game tonight looks like we are in tank mode (a glorious thing if true). I would rather be 3 but maybe we will have luck in the actual lottery no matter what!!!

Good post, I see this happenig but Dallas is the team that can get that top 3 spot. 

Reason I see SUNS, Atlanta, Mavs and then likely us if we dont win more than 2 games along the way. I see us  winning that Dallas game at home.

Dallas is the most important game left in our schedule. 

17 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And if he can't we are back to having a PG that can't shoot. Pass please. Give me one of the 6 PGs that CAN shoot! We don't need to be drafting any more guys and hope they learn to shoot, especially at this point of our rebuild. SAG and Milton are both 6'6 and both can shoot, why take the guy that is a hopeful project?

Just because someone can shoot doesn’t mean they’re going to come in and be a difference maker.  There’s no pg this year that will make a noticeable impact next season except maybe Young.   And he’s a long shot.  SAG might be a good prospect but it’s going to take years to find out.  Milton has bench player upside.

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Just because someone can shoot doesn’t mean they’re going to come in and be a difference maker.  There’s no pg this year that will make a noticeable impact next season except maybe Young.   And he’s a long shot.  SAG might be a good prospect but it’s going to take years to find out.  Milton has bench player upside.

And I think you can have a PG that doesn’t shoot exceptionally well but that have to have other skills that are elite and that can help overcome that deficiency in their games. I don’t know that this draft really has that.