Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

45 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I still don’t think Kevin knox is very good 

He seems like a potential version of what Gordon is right now. 

6 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

I still don’t think Kevin knox is very good 

He is going to be a decent player. He is still very young. I do think he is too high on the boards. He is a late late first round pick in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The draft is always a crapshoot. Who woulda thunk Fultz would turn out like he is?

What I mean is there are not any clearly transcendent players this year. Last year was the same. My guys last year were Tatum, Isaac and Fox. This year I’m still in process mode but I could see someone picked at 7 as good as someone picked at 1.

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

The draft is always a crapshoot. Who woulda thunk Fultz would turn out like he is?

I still think fultz is going to be great

On 3/21/2018 at 4:40 PM, ?4thewin said:

Realistically I'm hoping we somehow find this year's malcolm brogdon.  There's like 9 interesting point guards projected to go in the last 40 picks.  You gotta figure one becomes something.  

Add that guy to Jackson in this draft

I think Jevon Carter is the dude

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

What I mean is there are not any clearly transcendent players this year. Last year was the same. My guys last year were Tatum, Isaac and Fox. This year I’m still in process mode but I could see someone picked at 7 as good as someone picked at 1.

Mikal Bridges could be that guy

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

My guys last year were DSJ, DSJ, DSJ, Tatum, Monk and Isaac in that order. I was afraid Isaac was too skinny and would be injury prone. I was 50% right on my picks working out. I was very high on DSJ because I didn't need another year to know that EP wouldn't shoot 3s or defend well.

If Ayton can learn to play D he has the potential of being a game changing dominating big.
If we ever climb out of the cellar we are going to need a big body to put on Embiid if we want to get past Philly in the playoffs.

Wendell Carter could be a surprise big. At 260 and growing he could be a monster. I think his numbers would have been a lot better had he not had so many other great players on his team.

I don't like Porter. My experience with every single person I know that had back surgery is that it is going to be a factor throughout his career. I don't see him being any better than Mario is right now. Good bench player but not worth a lottery pick. Besides if we are committing to Isaac and AG drafting one of the PFs would be stupid even if they are the BPA.

If Doncic lives up to expectations he could be what we all hoped Mario would be.

I like Young but like others I am concerned with his size. I think Sexton is more NBA ready. That being said I see our FO going after one of the 6'6 PGs, SGA or Shake Milton with a later pick.

All I know is that there is no sure pick and we DO need to get rid of Vuc somehow. We have to start having defense at the center position