Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

43 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Payton's going to need a career night to remain the suns starting point guard the way he's been playing lately

Agreed but playing against the team who traded you sparks motivation.  We can help him achieve that goal!!!  lol!!!

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Team tank might be sad after the Philly game. The 6 game stretch after that I think we go 3-3 at worst.

We will see.  If we lose to Phoenix on Saturday and the Brooklyn Cavaliers (we should roll over that night for sure) on the 28th no way we go 3-3.  That would also prove we are tanking.  

Given his footwork, fluidity and size, Gilgeous-Alexander has the gifts to become a three-position defender in the NBA. If he gets stronger, he could guard point guards, shooting guards and small forwards.

Gilgeous-Alexander will get more opportunities to showcase his upside, starting with a Sweet 16 matchup against Kansas State. He could eventually encounter foes such as Nevada, Gonzaga or Michigan if Kentucky keeps advancing toward the title game. But even if the Wildcats don’t make a deeper run, he has already given NBA scouts and executives plenty to chew on.

The breakout freshman deserves top-10 consideration because he’s so versatile. He has the potential to score from inside and out, orchestrate pick-and-rolls and defend different types of opponents. While he might not be as lethal offensively as Trae Young or Collin Sexton, Gilgeous-Alexander has multidimensional upside they can’t claim. That puts him at least on a similar rung in the late lottery.

In a worst-case scenario, Gilgeous-Alexander will be a facilitator and inconsistent shooter off the bench. If he climbs to his ceiling or even near it, he’ll be a top-tier starting guard. He could be his team’s primary playmaker and one of its best scorers, while also serving as one of the league’s top backcourt defenders.

Once the draft unfolds past the first seven or eight elite prospects, we won’t have to wait long to hear Gilgeous-Alexander’s name called.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/the-case-for-shai-gilgeous-alexander-as-a-top-10-pick/

really wouldn't be surprised to see SGA be the first point taken

My ideal lineup for next year would be

Trae Young
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Isaac
Aaron Gordon
Khem Birch

You would need Hezonja to develop his handles a lot more, but it could be a nice lineup with length and defense that could hide Young on the defensive end. Vogel not giving Mario any minutes at the 2 when we're a terrible team is just idiotic. You gotta try everything

4 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trae Young
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Isaac
Aaron Gordon
Khem Birch

You would need Hezonja to develop his handles a lot more, but it could be a nice lineup with length and defense that could hide Young on the defensive end. Vogel not giving Mario any minutes at the 2 when we're a terrible team is just idiotic. You gotta try everything

Mario is too slow to defend twos. If you're trying to incorporate Mario into our future it's off the bench and in specific pg- ross- Mario- Gordon- isaac lineups. 

17 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trae Young
Mario Hezonja
Jonathan Isaac
Aaron Gordon
Khem Birch

Just out of curiosity, where do Evan and Nik end up and what do we get in compensation?

Realistically I'm hoping we somehow find this year's malcolm brogdon.  There's like 9 interesting point guards projected to go in the last 40 picks.  You gotta figure one becomes something.  

Add that guy to Jackson in this draft

Everything I read puts me more and more on the SGA train. At this point if we pick 6 or higher I think he should definitely be in the conversation. If he falls to like 13 or 14 we should be throwing everything we have into trying to get back in for him. He reminds me of what I hoped Dante Exum would be when I thought he would be a star. Smooth, long, always under control even at speed, solid playmaker. He excites me more than a lot of other guys in the mid to late lotto range.

While deep in my thoughts at work today, I thought of how much I would like to see a tanking debate between the extreme pro-tank stance of ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS against the extreme anti-tank stance of Philip Rossman-Reich of OMD. I don't know that there are two people who defend their stances as strongly as these two.

Yes, it was a slow day at work.

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Mario is too slow to defend twos. If you're trying to incorporate Mario into our future it's off the bench and in specific pg- ross- Mario- Gordon- isaac lineups. 

I'd like to see how he'd do with a strong defensive frontcourt helping him.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just out of curiosity, where do Evan and Nik end up and what do we get in compensation?

Ideally traded. Vuc would be a perfect bench big, but his attitude won't let him be that in Orlando. I'd trade them for bench help

I love Fournier's shooting, but he's being paid like a fringe all-star, and I don't think he should be that for our team