Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

I see that happening except with the Atlanta pick. I dont think they will pick Doncic over JJJ. The center position is their biggest need. They have  already Schroder, Bazemore and Prince. 

They need a center and JJJ could be the guy. 

So we will be selecting Doncic instead.

Bazemore is a guy they want to salary dump, not a part of their future. If Doncic is their guy they will pick him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

I see that happening except with the Atlanta pick. I dont think they will pick Doncic over JJJ. The center position is their biggest need. They have  already Schroder, Bazemore and Prince. 

They need a center and JJJ could be the guy. 

So we will be selecting Doncic instead.

Doncic at 4 would be amazing for us! I would take him at 2 or 3 as well. If we don't win another game we could get that low. 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Tank Vogel said:

Bazemore is a guy they want to salary dump, not a part of their future. If Doncic is their guy they will pick him. 

True. But they are really in need for a center. JJJ is going to be too good for them to pass. I wish they do. I am very high on JJJ.

47 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

People aren't giving away lotto picks.  I think (unless we somehow combine a winning streak with terrible lotto luck and end up drafting 8th where the point guard become more appealing) we need to just gamble on free agency and/or second rounders for point guard prospects. 

Philly has 2 first and 4 second round picks.  Philly will trade if it gives them a better chance at LeBron.  First round pick takes away salary cap space.  We will more than happy to help them do that if they give us that #11 or #12 pick. lol! Depends who is on the board at that pick but I would be inquiring at the very least.  If Sexton is there and he may be I would try.  Worked once with Payton which did not pan out, why not try again?

14 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Philly has 2 first and 4 second round picks.  Philly will trade if it gives them a better chance at LeBron.  First round pick takes away salary cap space.  We will more than happy to help them do that if they give us that #11 or #12 pick. lol! Depends who is on the board at that pick but I would be inquiring at the very least.  If Sexton is there and he may be I would try.  Worked once with Payton which did not pan out, why not try again?

As much as I like Sexton I think with our FO's penchant for long players they would go with SAG.

31 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Maybe if we take Bayless from Philly for Mack's non-guarantee if they really needed the room.

I'm just not sure the price for 8.5 million in cap space is the 11th pick in the draft.  Maybe 18th if they really wanted to cut salary but I'd expect them to offer their 19 pick instead

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm just not sure the price for 8.5 million in cap space is the 11th pick in the draft.  Maybe 18th if they really wanted to cut salary but I'd expect them to offer their 19 pick instead

I agree. 

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Moving up from 19 to 10-13 is much more possible though. With 19, our two second rounders and basically everyone not named Gordon or Isaac to use in deals I feel like you could get from 19 to the back end of the lottery if you really felt SGA was your future PG. You might have to make several trades to gather the pieces but it could work. It wont happen but it's nice to think about.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

As much as I like Sexton I think with our FO's penchant for long players they would go with SAG.

Hawks are about to win