Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Interestingly from March 24 to Apr 4th our team will determine its draft fate with 7 IN A ROW versus teams with comparable records (+/- 2 games). All winnable games and all losable games. We could essentially nail down the best odds for #1 by losing all of them or pick #9 by winning them. IMO Ive seen a decade of misery so what more does two weeks make....Id like to see us nail down #1 or #2 and take a jump to relevancy. Those high picks (if used correctly) can breath life into this putrid franchise. Who knows maybe a Penny Hardaway style trade surfaces for us....god knows we need it.

10 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Robert Williams is going to be a steal in the late first

He'll be an exciting player at times, just not sure what he consistently offers. He didn't have the jump in production into his sophomore year that one would hope. I still like him though.

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

yeah Booker has definitely been overrated IMO he doesn't really do much more than score. He dropped 70 once, that's awesome. I'd like to see what he could do around compitent team mates but a player as exalted as him should lead his team to more wins.

Yeah. I guess the occasional 35 was just a wee bit conservative on my part.... lol

Just now, DirtDan2012 said:

Yeah. I guess the occasional 35 was just a wee bit conservative on my part.... lol

lol I wasn't trying to call you out On just saying people probably think of him so much higher after that outing.

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

lol I wasn't trying to call you out On just saying people probably think of him so much higher after that outing.

No sweat. Didn't think you did, but I just forgot that homie has dropped a couple of mega whopper games as far as scoring goes.

42 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

He'll be an exciting player at times, just not sure what he consistently offers. He didn't have the jump in production into his sophomore year that one would hope. I still like him though.

I just love his defense and rebounding

I haven't been as impressed with Jackson as some here.  After his disappearance in the tournament I looked back on his season and he only had one maybe two good games against good teams.  If it wasn't for the early season performance against Duke he would have an atrocious line against top 25 teams...like 4 points 3 rebounds and not much else averages.  I understand he showed defensive potential but it takes more than that to be drafted near the top of this draft and he capitalized on a surprisingly easy schedule.  I don't see him getting picked in the top 5 anymore.  I'm sure he can turn out to be a strong player but he just doesn't have the upside to justify taking him over a handful of other players.  He should return for another year.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

I haven't been as impressed with Jackson as some here.  After his disappearance in the tournament I looked back on his season and he only had one maybe two good games against good teams.  If it wasn't for the early season performance against Duke he would have an atrocious line against top 25 teams...like 4 points 3 rebounds and not much else averages.  I understand he showed defensive potential but it takes more than that to be drafted near the top of this draft and he capitalized on a surprisingly easy schedule.  I don't see him getting picked in the top 5 anymore.  I'm sure he can turn out to be a strong player but he just doesn't have the upside to justify taking him over a handful of other players.  He should return for another year.  

You'd have to actually watch him to understand his draft rating

If you watched him play you would see he has a hard time playing against players of equal/better length or ability.  He'd be an unnecessary gamble before 5 in this draft.    

4 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Your presumption that I haven't watched him is incorrect, just like your rating of him.  He LOOKS like he needs another year.  He doesn't affect the game in enough ways to be a go to player, which is the expectation of a top 5 pick. If you watched him play you would see he has a hard time playing against players of equal/better length or ability.  He'd be an unnecessary gamble before 5 in this draft.    

Well you've always had a hard time projecting guys so I'm not surprised