Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Good article. Given the type of guys the Bucks and Raptors picked over the last few years, I don’t think Young will be our pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if we trade our 7-9 pick for 2 in the teens and grab one or both of the 2  6'6 PG/SGs Shake Milton or Shai Gilgeous Alexander and or a big PF or center. Hopefully we can trade Vuc for a usable player and an early 2nd.

• Downvote 1

Wherever we pick, my hope is that 2 (or more) of the following are still available:

Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Bamba, Porter, Bagley, Young.

That would be fantastic. Ideally I wouldn't like it to be Young and Porter, because if Porters slipped that far there's a good chance his back has question marks. I think Young will be there but if there isn't any of the others I don't want to just take him because he's whats left, but I also don't want to pass and go with one of the next tier because I'm not as high on them.

I still think it's possible our FO goes with Young, there's been some posts suggesting that they only pick length and athleticism, but I don't think that's true. Yes they favor it but it's not the ONLY mold they pick. I think I read a post on Reddit that had every draft pick they've selected and a lot of them didn't fit the brief of length and athleticism.

Also, for what it's worth, I decided to check out that Tankathon site, I'm not big on it but I hit 'Sim' only once and we ended up getting pick one and we took Ayton. I'd take that..

9 minutes ago, The Boss said:

Wherever we pick, my hope is that 2 (or more) of the following are still available:

Ayton, Doncic, JJJ, Bamba, Porter, Bagley, Young.

That would be fantastic. Ideally I wouldn't like it to be Young and Porter, because if Porters slipped that far there's a good chance his back has question marks. I think Young will be there but if there isn't any of the others I don't want to just take him because he's whats left, but I also don't want to pass and go with one of the next tier because I'm not as high on them.

I still think it's possible our FO goes with Young, there's been some posts suggesting that they only pick length and athleticism, but I don't think that's true. Yes they favor it but it's not the ONLY mold they pick. I think I read a post on Reddit that had every draft pick they've selected and a lot of them didn't fit the brief of length and athleticism.

Also, for what it's worth, I decided to check out that Tankathon site, I'm not big on it but I hit 'Sim' only once and we ended up getting pick one and we took Ayton. I'd take that..

yeah you're lucky, I usually have to hit win 500 times each year to get the number 1 pick

52 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I’ve been down on him this season but Diallo actually looks pretty good!

Last draft season people thought he may go 15-25, now some people dont have him in their top 60, should of went out last year

I don't think Sexton has the skills to be a full-time 1. He's more likely a scoring combo guard off the bench. I'm sticking by my prediction he'll be close to the end of the lotto if not out of it. Some of the Twitter BBall guys I like even have him going in the 20s.

3 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

I don't think Sexton has the skills to be a full-time 1. He's more likely a scoring combo guard off the bench. I'm sticking by my prediction he'll be close to the end of the lotto if not out of it. Some of the Twitter BBall guys I like even have him going in the 20s.

Not helping himself at all tonight

4 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yeah, Sexton is looking out of control tonight 

That's pretty normal for young point guards.  Freshman kemba was like that.  

But kemba worked himself out of that before he was drafted.  Sexton isn't the type of guy you can draft top 7 now. He might end up being great or he might end up being a scoring guard off the bench like BC said.  But his draft position will reflect that.