Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Here's the most moderate take: 

Scout 4: "Trae's stock has took a dip. Team workouts are important for him. He's still a dynamic and talented player, more than likely will still be a top 10 pick. I thought he was playing himself into the top five. Now I think he's more 8–9 range. I have him at nine on my board, behind Sexton. I think Trae is more of a point than Sexton, though. Collin is more of a scoring guard."

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's the most moderate take: 

Scout 4: "Trae's stock has took a dip. Team workouts are important for him. He's still a dynamic and talented player, more than likely will still be a top 10 pick. I thought he was playing himself into the top five. Now I think he's more 8–9 range. I have him at nine on my board, behind Sexton. I think Trae is more of a point than Sexton, though. Collin is more of a scoring guard."

thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Jarren Jackson Jr.

Less athletic Dwight Howard with better dribbling and a 3 point shot.  Is that statement flagrant?  I'm not so certain. 

I'm very high on this kid

49 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm going to fully sell myself on any player we take in the top 10, I can't continue to worry about this draft...

bump that I take that back, Trae young did all he could and gave his all. people wanna doubt the small guy once again even though he lead the nation in scoring and assists and lead his team to the NCAA tournament without any help on that team. That's more than fultz or Simmons ever did and I don't see either of them have his mentality of ability to shoot the ball when the games on the line.

"Will his body hold up?" NBA has guys for that.

"Will he play well getting double and triple teamed?" NBA has players for that,  and if he isn't getting that coverage that means he's been seriously balling so bring it on.

He's not using his athleticism to win games he's using his timing, skills, and mind, which all translate. 

He's a ring tailed roarer! He can draw faster, shoot straighter, ride harder and drink longer than any man alive! Hes the rip snortiness cowboy that ever rode north, south, east, or west of the Rio Grande, he's Trae Young!

8 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

bump that I take that back, Trae young did all he could and gave his all. people wanna doubt the small guy once again even though he lead the nation in scoring and assists and lead his team to the NCAA tournament without any help on that team. That's more than fultz or Simmons ever did and I don't see either of them have his mentality of ability to shoot the ball when the games on the line.

"Will his body hold up?" NBA has guys for that.

"Will he play well getting double and triple teamed?" NBA has players for that,  and if he isn't getting that coverage that means he's been seriously balling so bring it on.

He's not using his athleticism to win games he's using his timing, skills, and mind, which all translate. 

He's a ring tailed roarer! He can draw faster, shoot straighter, ride harder and drink longer than any manroster! Hes the rip snortiness cowboy that ever rode north, south, east, or west of the Rio Grande, he's Trae Young!

Trae does have the ability to shoot the ball with the game on the line.  He just usually misses that shot and his team loses but yeah, those misses sure are pretty.  

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

Trae does have the ability to shoot the ball with the game on the line.  He just usually misses that shot and his team loses but yeah, those misses sure are pretty.  

I'll take that over the guy who can't get his team to that point on the game and if they do they don't want the ball

12 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I'll take that over the guy who can't get his team to that point on the game and if they do they don't want the ball

Sure.  Good thing we have about a dozen guys who can get their team to that point and don't have your false choice between a guy who misses and a guy afraid to take a shot