Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Lol 

People are finally starting to call kyler out for being a really bad analyst

Cole and Sam, those are the guys I listen to every week on Game Theory Podcast, they're amazing

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

YES!

Fultz scares the tee-total **** out of me. He's having to completely re-learn to shoot a normal jumper. It's getting better, but he takes longer then my dead grandfather to actually get the shot up to the rim. Poor kid has to be truly mind-*****ed with everything that's happened to him this season.

12 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

I read a few articles about fultz recently and it seems like philly has pretty much given up on him. Apparently his demeanor on the bench is horrible and he’s not getting excited for the team at all. The dude is healthy and they are refusing to play him because of his “busted shot” but I gotta think that game experience will only help him get his confidence back. I think he could be had cheap. He has a huge chip on his shoulder from how phillys has treated him

Great and hope that the articles you read are right.  I would love to have a chance to get the unaminous #1 pick from last year's draft, called by Draft Express "a franchise guard" plus pick 11 or 12 for our pick 5.  In fact if Philly it that disgusted with him I would ask for the other 1st round pick (17-18 right now) too.  Philly certainly does not have a great track record on developing players so it could be they have done Fultz no favors.  Doubt it happens but I would take it!

2 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

If Young ends up 1/4 the player Curry is I'd be happy drafting him.

I wouldn't. That would be a bad pick. (Not exactly sure how you would measure 1/4th, but by my estimate (using win shares/4), that would be like drafting Payton, only with different weaknesses and strengths.)

2 hours ago, Odin said:

I wouldn't. That would be a bad pick. (Not exactly sure how you would measure 1/4th, but by my estimate (using win shares/4), that would be like drafting Payton, only with different weaknesses and strengths.)

I'm not sure either,  perhaps if he was a 20 points per game 8 assist per game player in his prime I'd defiantly be happy with that 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

He can obviously say that there are scenarios where a good college player has been bad in the NBA or vice versa, but it is ridiculous to make a sweeping generalization that we can just ignore that phase completely.  Like truly *****ing asinine.

sweeping general statements in general typically do not hold up

Do y’all think Phoenix would be interested in trading one of their later 1st round picks? They have an early and late 2nd too. Maybe they don’t want to bring on 5 rookies? 

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Do y’all think Phoenix would be interested in trading one of their later 1st round picks? They have an early and late 2nd too. Maybe they don’t want to bring on 5 rookies? 

anything that would suggest common sense logic is not something I would bank on Phoenix doing. they took Bender and Chriss in the same lottery, they're both 4s and they traded for Elfrid Payton 

• Like 1