Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we end up with the number 5 pick would you trade it for fultz and the phillys 11 pick?

If have to wait and see who's on the board at 11, if any one of these I'd have to strongly consider:

Mikal, Miles, Sexton

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Its ayton Doncic jjj porter young for the top 5

I don't know why you're so high on tankathon's mock though.  They might just take a consensus from all the mocks.  Its not like they're running a draft evaluation site. 

Not high on it ?FTW, it's just fun and I love the ability to keep looking at options with different results in the draft. Unless we go on a very stupid winning streak we should be able to get one of the best projected players and than makes me :D

25 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I uh see you in got Young in your top 5, I like your style ;)

Thats tankathon

I don't have young very high. He doesn't really fit what i like in a prospect.  

I think i have these players above young in no real order:

Doncic, ayton, Jackson, Bagley mikal bridges, sexton. 

Guys I'm not sure about: bamba, miles bridges, porter. 

Young is definitely preferable to Carter knox and the various centers that hover around the end of the lottery.  

44 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I think i have these players above young in no real order:

Doncic, ayton, Jackson, Bagley mikal bridges, sexton. 

Guys I'm not sure about: bamba, miles bridges, porter. 

Young is definitely preferable to Carter knox and the various centers that hover around the end of the lottery.  

Looking forward to the Florida State/Missouri game on Friday night at 9:50 to see Porter!

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

YES AND ABSOLUTELY YES!  No hesitation.  This would make up for the Payton trade.  Cannot think Philly would be that giving!!!

I read a few articles about fultz recently and it seems like philly has pretty much given up on him. Apparently his demeanor on the bench is horrible and he’s not getting excited for the team at all. The dude is healthy and they are refusing to play him because of his “busted shot” but I gotta think that game experience will only help him get his confidence back. I think he could be had cheap. He has a huge chip on his shoulder from how phillys has treated him

5 hours ago, WarDamnMagic said:

If we end up with the number 5 pick would you trade it for fultz and the phillys 11 pick?

I would be hesitant at doing this deal for two reasons.

One, the Fultz/Philly saga concerns me. He's had a shoulder issue and his jump shot is broke. Now if his shoulder checks out medically that is great news for the kid, but a broken jump shot is a real concern. He was a good shooter in college and his high release was actually a huge positive, however something has gone on that has made him change his jump shot. Did he get hurt and change it? Or did he change it and get hurt? If it's the latter, why would he change something that worked well in college? If it's the former, why has he not reverted back to his old shooting form if he's fully healthy? By no means should anyone give up on this kid but I would be hesitant at giving up the fifth pick in this year's draft unless I was certain that his shoulder is 100% and he can fix his jump shot. At the end of the day that jump shot could be difficult to fix if there's a confidence problem in his shoulder. We've all seen athletes down the years in different sports get hut and lose confidence and not comeback the same player. I hope that's not the case with Fultz because he was one my favorite players in last year's draft. 

The second reason is that at #5 we can still draft a good player that can be part of this team's long term future. Even if we see Ayton, Bamba, Jackson and Doncic go in the top four, we can still draft Trae Young and that potentially solves the hole at PG. If one of the center prospects fall out of the top four, great news, we can slot them in at C and trade away Vucevic and Biyombo. Then there is the ideal scenario that Doncic is available at five,  if that's the case we snap him up and don't think twice about it. So as disappointing as it would be to land the fifth pick after this season, we still have decent options to choose from with that pick and that means we shouldn't be too concerned about our options. 

With that said, if Fultz checks out and we are confident that his jump shot can be fixed, and we can acquire him plus another decent talent with the better of Philly's picks, then that could be a tempting offer for this team to consider. However, I wouldn't personally do the deal.