Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Hmmm. I see his attacking a lot like Wade. He’s smaller but actually lives more at the line than Wade did. As to defense, I think Sexton is one of the best in the country. I know he gets called out for a lack of steals, but he’s nothing but nasty in manning up. 

Wade averaged more than a block per game though.  That's absurd.  

For those who have ESPN Insider, Schmitz has an excellent article on the top three point guards. Basically, he says scouts are high on Sexton’s competitiveness and attacking mentality, while he also points out Sexton’s over-aggressiveness and poor assist numbers. 

With Gilgeous-Alexander, he says scouts like his controlled and versatile game, while he also points out the guard needs to work on his shot off the dribble and physical defense. With Young, he acknowledges the guard’s exhaustion and how much his game has fallen off lately, and he closes with these words:

His tremendous skill level and shoot-dribble-pass style is perfect for the modern NBA, but the growing reality among NBA personnel is that with his defensive shortcomings, frame (6-foot-2, 176 pounds) and volume-based style of play, it's not clear that Young is a surefire top-10 pick.”

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/22726735/nba-draft-stock-watch-winners-losers-ncaa-tournament

Wow Tankathon has changed our picks and has us taking Porter 1st, then JJJ over Young in every instance. It also has changed with us taking Ayton instead of Doncic if we get #1. I would love to have Ayton, every time we have been relevant we have had a dominant center. So now they have our order as Ayton, Doncic, Porter, JJJ, Young, and Bamba if we drop to 6th and the others are all gone. 

I didn't see before that Tankathon has this excellent player comparison chart http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Wow Tankathon has changed our picks and has us taking Porter 1st, then JJJ over Young in every instance. It also has changed with us taking Ayton instead of Doncic if we get #1. I would love to have Ayton, every time we have been relevant we have had a dominant center. So now they have our order as Ayton, Doncic, Porter, JJJ, Young, and Bamba if we drop to 6th and the others are all gone. 

I didn't see before that Tankathon has this excellent player comparison chart http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare

Its ayton Doncic jjj porter young for the top 5

I don't know why you're so high on tankathon's mock though.  They might just take a consensus from all the mocks.  Its not like they're running a draft evaluation site. 

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

As a total side note, I really love what I read about Mikal Bridges. Sounds like he’d be a great starter for 10+ years.

He has a Trevor Ariza floor where a team will always have a place for him on both ends. Kind if what Ross has been here in Orlando but actually good, instead of "good" compared to Jeff Green and Devyn Marble etc. 

Unfortunately we are a flaming dumpster filled with Cici's leftovers and flaming diapers and we need a 19 year old who can maybe possibly one day approach the vicinity of being considered for an All Star game if we are to surpass 45 wins in the next decade.

8 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't know why you're so high on tankathon's mock though.  They might just take a consensus from all the mocks.  Its not like they're running a draft evaluation site. 

I like Young and has been high on him but I cant see him going top 5 Now. Like I said last week(and I still stand), I see him out of the top 5 with Bamba and Bagley getting selected over him. The only way he is picked ahead of those two is if we select at #5 or #6. We most likely select him over the others. But I can also see management going with Bamba over him and go for a PG in the second round instead. There are not many centers available in the second round and plenty of PG’s. We are in dire need of both.

12 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I uh see you in got Young in your top 5, I like your style ;)