Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Maybe above Sexton but at 6 I go with either Bamba, Young,  Bagley and even Porter over Shai. 

I expect Ayton, Doncic, JJJ going top 3. After that is eveyone’s guess for those 4 guys a previously mentioned. 

So do i.

But i don't trust management not to take a big point guard if they have the excuse

11 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

So do i.

But i don't trust management not to take a big point guard if they have the excuse

I don't care what size PG they get as long as he can shoot well enough to need to be guarded outside and give us the spacing we need and can also stay in front of most PGs.

16 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Wouldn't take Shai top 10 but he's definitely ahead of Sexton at this point who may fall out of the lotto.

Unless he has a horrible tournament, I don’t see Sexton dropping. His outside shooting has been streaky, but so has Young’s. Sexton also has shown an ability to handle very physical defense and get to the bucket, whereas Young has not. Lastly, Young seems to care very little about defense, whereas Sexton is a hound and switches very well. My big prediction is that Sexton is chosen ahead of Young. Given where the Magic are expected to pick, I don’t think we’ll take either of them.

He’d seem more enticing if there weren’t so many really good tall prospects other than him.  He isn’t fools gold like Young, he just doesn’t stack up to Ayton, Bagley, Jackson.  He’s a very good prospect.

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm not a big bamba fan

I'm mixed but still see him as a Gobert type. Meanwhile, I love Bagley and his offense but his lack of defense worries me.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Yeah i like other guys more.  But he's a tall point guard who can shoot lately and has enough big game production to take him high. And he's 19. 

but that length has to translate to production 

Oklahoma gets Rhode Island and Duke if they win

Michigan St vs Duke highly likely, hopefully JJJ doesnt foul out in 15 minutes