Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

11 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

I am firmly against trading up to Philly's pick to draft a floppy haired PG known for defensive tenacity and suspect shooting. 

3 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

You might look at his game against Auburn today!!

And yesterday's game as well. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401020002 27 points including the game winner at the buzzer.

Sexton is a winner! Is he who we need? Who knows, but the guy gives it all on the floor and can score and play D.  IMO he is better than DSJ that we all wanted last year. If Young is gone but we get one of the top bigs and Sexton or Shake Milton I would be very happy. As far as the floppy hair, it doesn't flop in his face or block his vision and I would hope we would be discussing it when he comes in for a workout.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And yesterday's game as well. http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401020002 27 points including the game winner at the buzzer.

Sexton is a winner! Is he who we need? Who knows, but the guy gives it all on the floor and can score and play D.  IMO he is better than DSJ that we all wanted last year. If Young is gone but we get one of the top bigs and Sexton or Shake Milton I would be very happy. As far as the floppy hair, it doesn't flop in his face or block his vision and I would hope we would be discussing it when he comes in for a workout.

We agree on this and on tanking.  I would love either also.  Love Milton's stats and I was shocked to see Sexton at #12 yesterday and #14 today on Tankathon.  He has been anywhere from 7-11 on most mock draft boards most of the year.  Philly does not need that pick (#11 today and #12 yesterday)  sinc they have 2 first rounders and 4 second rounders and since they are one of LeBron's four listed destination points and I think a very legitimate chance to land him (if he wants another title and I think he does) we need to be aggressive to try to get that pick.  It appears Z. Smith will be there at #11.  Time for the FO to earn their money!!

9 minutes ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

Hasta que número de pick alto darian por los 2 picks de los clippers? Yo del 5 al 8 lo cambiaria por el 12 y 13 q tienen ellos en este momento. Y a quien elegirian? Yo sexton seguro si llegase

Thank you 

10 hours ago, Picagus6Uruguay said:

Hasta que número de pick alto darian por los 2 picks de los clippers? Yo del 5 al 8 lo cambiaria por el 12 y 13 q tienen ellos en este momento. Y a quien elegirian? Yo sexton seguro si llegase

No Espanol but it sugestion is to trade pick 5 through 8 for the two Clipper's (12 AND 18 currently) picks the answer is simple=NO, No and No!!  No trade out of the top 7.  This is a 7 player All Star type of draft.  Not all will be All Stars but some will be and you never know which ones.  Bagley last night was a beast against a really good front line and oveall defense.  His jumping, blocking and rebounding ability really impressive. and in the current Tankathon he is #6 and Bamba #7.  Would hate to trade away either of those 2

6 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I hope Tankathon is right. They have us getting Doncic, Ayton, Young, Porter, JJJ, or Bamba in all the simulations possible, and Young or Doncic are the most frequent results.

Tankin 4 ayton. Losin 4 Doncic. Not sure who we should draft but from everything I’ve read those are the top two prospects. 

11 minutes ago, King Close said:

Tankin 4 ayton. Losin 4 Doncic. Not sure who we should draft but from everything I’ve read those are the top two prospects. 

2 highest floors in the draft. Not sure the best player from the draft class is one of those two (in 5 years or so)

9 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I hope Tankathon is right. They have us getting Doncic, Ayton, Young, Porter, JJJ, or Bamba in all the simulations possible, and Young or Doncic are the most frequent results.

I think it is.  Doncic and Ayton one and two or two and one in almost every mock draft.  When it gets to three, if that is where we pick or lower, is where it gets crazy.  Tankathon has us taking Young at 3, I am not so sure.  I like Young as a pure PG but just not sure he is the best player at that point in the draft, it is probably Bagley, maybe Porter.  I think Bagley > JJJ based on stats and potential (better defender, rebounder, blocker of shots, better leaper).  Actually for PF as a pro I think Bagley > Isaac > Gordon.  My hope is Isaac, with ball handling and shooting skills, can play 3.  Almost has to since Gordon cannot.  But drafting Bagley creates a logjam.  Porter is an enigma due to injury.  Hope the NCAA tournament gives us a  better look.  Based on what we have seen, if healthy he could go at 3.  Hope we are at 1 or 2 so our decision is easy and we do not have to even debate who is better at 3 or less!

4 hours ago, King Close said:

yielding for young, bellowing for bagley, jesting for Jackson, oh my!