Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Disagree completely.  

I know you do. DSJ is way more athletic and you can't teach that, but Trae is more skilled and his weaknesses won't be that hard to fix

2 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I know you do. DSJ is way more athletic and you can't teach that, but Trae is more skilled and his weaknesses won't be that hard to fix

Being slow, unable to create space against larger defenders through speed/size/athleticism, and a really slight frame that won't carry a lot of weight is extremely difficult to fix

22 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Being slow, unable to create space against larger defenders through speed/size/athleticism, and a really slight frame that won't carry a lot of weight is extremely difficult to fix

I mean lack of athleticism and speed were two major concerns about Lonzo Ball, and Lonzo is having a decent rookie campaign after a rough start. Then again, Lonzo is 6-6, so has a size advantage at PG against almost any other PG not named Ben Simmons.

I don't recall Lonzo ever having an athleticism concern.  He was catching lobs with his head near the rim in HS and college.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

I mean lack of athleticism and speed were two major concerns about Lonzo Ball, and Lonzo is having a decent rookie campaign after a rough start. Then again, Lonzo is 6-6, so has a size advantage at PG against almost any other PG not named Ben Simmons.

Lonzo also shot 73% on twos in college. 

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I dont see that in Young at all. His frame is no different than a lot of other good quality NBA PG’s  when they were 19. (Nash, Curry, Fox) just to name a few. 

His ceiling is higher that DSJ. I am a big fan of DSJ but he relies a lot in athleticism. Young is more of a creator and his ability to make shots is intriguing. His range is much better. 

I rather have DSJ now but I can see Young potentially be better in 4-5 years. He just need a lot if work. 

The degree to which Young was shut down by teams gameplanning for him during the 2nd half of the season is very concerning.  Who knows, maybe he adds some quirks to his game and adapts over time.  But he was definitely getting bullied and hounded for weeks with little success adjusting.

27 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

In spite of all that he is the leading scorer in college basketball and if he had decent teammates to pass too would have even more assists and less turnovers. He has the potential of being Curry 2.0 and there is a reason that he is slated as a top 5 pick in this loaded draft. That being said I wish we would have picked DSJ last year and traded EP without another season of exposure. Since we didn't do that I would take a chance on Trae and draft a 2nd PG project as well in case he doesn't work out. Maybe trade our 2 seconds for 6'6 Shake Milton? I'm hoping that Isaac & AG & anybody but Vuc at center can make up for any of Young's defensive deficiencies. Hopefully we can trade Vuc as a $12M expiring for another pick in this year's draft and a player we can use.

In a perfect world we end up with the #1 or #2 pick and get Doncic or Ayton and grab a PG later in the draft.

2 hours ago, Tank Vogel said:

I am firmly against trading up to Philly's pick to draft a floppy haired PG known for defensive tenacity and suspect shooting. 

Sexton reads the message board

I'm surprised how much concern people have for Trae in his freshman year he was able to put up 26 and 24 in a game. That's unheard of, especially with the teammates he has, and even if he don't end up putting up numbers where he average 26 points. We know the vision is there and he's capable of shooting.

1 minute ago, J-Mac said:

I'm surprised how much concern people have for Trae in his freshman year he was able to put up 26 and 24 in a game. That's unheard of, especially with the teammates he has, and even if he don't end up putting up numbers where he average 26 points. We know the vision is there and he's capable of shooting.

If Doncic and Ayton are gone with pick 3 and later if he is still there we have to take him!

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

His production is not under conditions he will play in the nba. Its like saying why not draft an air raid qb early because he threw for the most touchdowns and passing yards.