Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

My top 5 has changed over the past few weeks and likely will chabge again after the NCAA tournament. Right now I have: 

1. JJJ. Maybe I am placing him too high but I do see so much talent here. He will get even better. He is going to be really good.

2. Ayton. Still the number one option for the many. I am very still high on him but not as much as I am with JJJ.

3. Doncic. He is going to be really really good. Hope we can get him. Can his game truly  translate to the NBA? That is the question for many. I think it will.

4. Porter Jr. He is in the same boat as Doncic talent wise. He is NBA ready but his back injury and surgery concerns me. I really need to see him play a few games before the draft but his stock will not and should not go any higher.  I cant see him going higher than Doncic. No way. 

5. Bamba. Too much potential. Best defender in the group and that is what the magic needs. Slightly better defender than JJJ. 

I have Young out of the top 5( I had him  # 2 a few weeks ago)to # 6 followed by Bagley at 7. 

JJJ has the pedigree of a future star but his stats make me a little nervous.  He seemed to disappear or not play many minutes in way too many games.  Today against Wisky in Big 10 tournment only played 15 minutes and fouled out.  Just seemed Izzo never trusted JJJ could put the team on his back alone.  So his potential puts him in the top 7 but 6 or 7 to me.  Bagley put up numbers before he got hurt and dominated against Michigan State in their matchup early in the season.  You hit the nail on Porter, Jr.---both high reward and high risk.  At one time was considered the best player in this class and #1 NBA pick.  For our needs I still think Doncic first,  Young (if we think PG/shooting/spread the floor is our highest priority) Ayton or Bamba a tie for second.  Then Bagley, Porter, and JJJ.   Individual workouts will help.  Any of these 7 along with our 2 2nd round picks or trading into the mid-first and we are much better team!

24 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You wouldn't take him in the lottery.  

This might be one of those years a quality PG can be had  in the early 2nd round like a Ponds or Jalen Brunson.  I would love to keep those picks and somehow get an additional mid-first when a Shake Milton or Bates-Diop could be added to our lottery pick depending who we get but that may be dreaming too big!!!

Honestly hoping for Ayton at this point. Doncic would be wild but not sure he's a Hammond type pick. Ayton is raw defensively but in theory a front 3 of Isaac, AG and Ayton is super athletic and exciting. Then draft a PG in the second. I like the poise of Jalen Brunson if he comes out.

29 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly hoping for Ayton at this point. Doncic would be wild but not sure he's a Hammond type pick. Ayton is raw defensively but in theory a front 3 of Isaac, AG and Ayton is super athletic and exciting. Then draft a PG in the second. I like the poise of Jalen Brunson if he comes out.

I just think there's too many scouts with different values that all think doncic is #1 and in a tier by himself

• Like 1

The problem I have with young is his height. Lillard posted a picture of them 2 togethor, and young doesn’t even look 6 foot. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I like Brunson too in the early 2nd round. Kid's a winner who has a very high scoring efficiency for a PG.

1 hour ago, King Close said:

The problem I have with young is his height. Lillard posted a picture of them 2 togethor, and young doesn’t even look 6 foot. 

lololol that's a picture of young when he was like 14, he had season okc seats and that's lillard on the road 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I like Brunson too in the early 2nd round. Kid's a winner who has a very high scoring efficiency for a PG.

he's really really solid. can't hurt to add him

I would be so happy if on draft night we trade Fournier and Vuc for a pick, I'm not even fussed what number that turns out to be, whatever the best you can get with them. Either together or separate deals that we package, eg; trade Fournier for pick 'x' and then package Vuc with pick 'x' and trade it for pick 'y'. Then pick 'y' becomes the Donovan Mitchell of the draft class and we can all live happily ever after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Boss said:

I would be so happy if on draft night we trade Fournier and Vuc for a pick, I'm not even fussed what number that turns out to be, whatever the best you can get with them. Either together or separate deals that we package, eg; trade Fournier for pick 'x' and then package Vuc with pick 'x' and trade it for pick 'y'. Then pick 'y' becomes the Donovan Mitchell of the draft class and we can all live happily ever after.

Trades have to match salaries.  The likelihood that we get something back equitable for Nik and his salary is minute.  It doesn't make sense.  No one under the cap is trading for Fournier.  It doesn't make sense.