Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

in a multi team trade orlando trades it's number 1 overall pick along with Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevuc for the number 4 and number 6 pick. With those picks the Magic select Trae Young from Oklahoma State and Jarren Jackson Jr  from Michigan State. Magic fans, do you do this??

Of course I will do it but lets be realistic here.

1. JJJ will likely be a top 2 pick. So, in this scenario will be likely Young and Bamba/Bagley.

2. Magic will not get the #1 pick. We will likely  end up with a pick around #6-7. 

3. No one is giving a top 10 pick for either Vucevic or Fournier unless we offer something future picks as well .

4. The only team capable of getting two lottery first round picks here is Phoenix. If we end with the #1 pick we can maybe to phoenix for a likely 3 and 12 pick. Enough to get us either Bagley/Doncic and one of either Sexton/Robinson. Now, Is any of this combination more enticing thay Ayton or JJJ? 

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Anyone know what SVG thinks of the NCAA? Lol

Everyone now knows what he thinks of the NCAA.

I dunno if it's racist per say but he makes some fine arguments about minor league sports.Also, I thought the one and done rule was an NBA rule not an NCAA rule per say, no?

None of this will matter soon.

Silver has been pushing for a minor league type farm system like MLB has. The G-League will become that. Guys can get drafted out of high-school and will just play in the "minors" until they get called up. Those 2 way contracts are nice.

Guys will still play college basketball but the elite-elite guys will go strait to the draft like they should be been able to do all along.

12 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

None of this will matter soon.

Silver has been pushing for a minor league type farm system like MLB has. The G-League will become that. Guys can get drafted out of high-school and will just play in the "minors" until they get called up. Those 2 way contracts are nice.

Guys will still play college basketball but the elite-elite guys will go strait to the draft like they should be been able to do all along.

Only Football and Basketball do not have a real minor league system in the US. Baseball's is very strong, Hockey as a pretty established minor league system, and even the up and coming MLS has a better minor league system than the NBA.

I would really like to see the day that a strong development league was instituted, maybe all the way down to the youth level. We will always receive talent from outside the system (Overseas, or still players going to college), but the league could make training more efficient and get rid of a lot of the corruption surrounding collegiate and youth sports.

On 25/02/2018 at 2:44 AM, Magicfan1987 said:

in a multi team trade orlando trades it's number 1 overall pick along with Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevuc for the number 4 and number 6 pick. With those picks the Magic select Trae Young from Oklahoma State and Jarren Jackson Jr  from Michigan State. Magic fans, do you do this??

Easily

3 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I dunno if it's racist per say but he makes some fine arguments about minor league sports.Also, I thought the one and done rule was an NBA rule not an NCAA rule per say, no?

I think it is. he makes a legitimate point: nobody in MLB/NHL minor leagues bats an eye when a white kid skips college to play. I say white because there simply aren't nearly as many black kids playing baseball, and even less that go on to play in the minors. 

10 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I think it is. he makes a legitimate point: nobody in MLB/NHL minor leagues bats an eye when a white kid skips college to play. I say white because there simply aren't nearly as many black kids playing baseball, and even less that go on to play in the minors. 

That race thing doesn’t make much sense though since it’s also holding back white kids.