Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

11 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I don't think Young's floor is as low as most think. I can't see him being worse than Lonzo Ball, who should become a good PG

Lonzo doesn't get enough credit for his assists rebounds a team defense. Young should get his shot off easier than in college because he won't be dealing with triple teams and zone defenses,  ask Larry Bird

40 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Its going to be a boring tournament this year if duke, Kentucky, Michigan State, et al are eliminated

Maybe will see UCF at the tournament!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249066/Dennis-Smith-Jr-Bam-Adebayo-Markelle-Fultz-Received-Payments-From-ASM-Sports

ouch! It will be interested to see how the NBA will deal with this. This can affect Bridges and Carter draft positions. 

It will have zero impact on draft positions 

8 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

It will have zero impact on draft positions 

Why are you so certain? There might be some legal implications if the FBI is involved. 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Why are you so certain? There might be some legal implications if the FBI is involved. 

That's not what's happening here.  The fbi is involved because of RICO charges because an agency was partnering with adidas to collect bribes to funnel players to specific schools.  As a part of that investigation, the agency was raided and computers were seized. on those computers were financial documents that showed who the agency loaned money to.  

The players will have no legal issues.  The ncaa will either have to vacate the seasons of a significant portion of the league or come to terms with the fact that there's been a black market for players for decades and fix their idea of what a student athlete is.  

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

That's not what's happening here.  The fbi is involved because of RICO charges because an agency was partnering with adidas to collect bribes to funnel players to specific schools.  As a part of that investigation, the agency was raided and computers were seized. on those computers were financial documents that showed who the agency loaned money to.  

The players will have no legal issues.  The ncaa will either have to vacate the seasons of a significant portion of the league or come to terms with the fact that there's been a black market for players for decades and fix their idea of what a student athlete is.  

Yes. I understand and appreciate the info. My concern is not really the players but the agents who currently represent them. 

The One and done rule surely will likely be reviewed once again by the NBA league. I see the league distancing themselves with the NCAA. The NBA brand doesnt want to be attached with this NCAA. 

I can see again highschool kids going directly to the NBA. My only concern is that if the NCAA was involved in this ordeal who is to say that highschools are not  involved As well? 

Interesting to say the least.

6 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Jimmer was a senior, Traes a freshman, what were Jimmers assist numbers, cause that's arguably Traes best offensive team skill seeing as he leads the nation as a freshman.

Jimmer was averaging 4.5-5.0 apg that year, Trae is about double that. 

• Upvote 2