Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Colin Sexton is Mookie Blaylock

I like the Dipo comp for Sexton, which is both a compliment and a criticism.

2 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Trae Young is Jose Calderon.  I figured it out. 

Careful. You may upset some people.

2 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

You are making me depressed

Jermaine Oneal was the best player on his team and he was surrounded with Reggie Miller and a very good Ron Artest. 

JJJ:

Bamba gets the Rudy Gobert comparisons, but Jackson is the more effective defender. While he doesn’t have Bamba’s freakish physical dimensions, he actually blocks more shots per minute. He blocks 15.4 percent of the opposing team’s 2-point field goal attempts when he’s on the floor, which would be the highest block rate of any player drafted in the lottery since they began tracking the stat in 2010. He has everything an elite interior defender needs: He has a 7-foot-4 wingspan that covers the rim, he’s fast enough to rotate across the court quickly and cut off dribble penetration, he keeps his head on a swivel and always knows where the other nine players on the floor are, and he never gives up on plays.

so I'm no math-magician, but here's a pie chart of his blocks from that stat earlier. WOW

jjj blocks.png

blue represents the blocks he gets compared to gray, the ones that get away. lol

13 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

JJJ:

Bamba gets the Rudy Gobert comparisons, but Jackson is the more effective defender. While he doesn’t have Bamba’s freakish physical dimensions, he actually blocks more shots per minute. He blocks 15.4 percent of the opposing team’s 2-point field goal attempts when he’s on the floor, which would be the highest block rate of any player drafted in the lottery since they began tracking the stat in 2010. He has everything an elite interior defender needs: He has a 7-foot-4 wingspan that covers the rim, he’s fast enough to rotate across the court quickly and cut off dribble penetration, he keeps his head on a swivel and always knows where the other nine players on the floor are, and he never gives up on plays.

so I'm no math-magician, but here's a pie chart of his blocks from that stat earlier. WOW

jjj blocks.png

blue represents the blocks he gets compared to gray, the ones that get away. lol

He is playing tonight! Looking forward to the game

Serious graphics there! Lol 

JJJ seems like the ideal center to play with Gordon and Isaac. Can stretch the floor and a big defensive threat. I’m sold. However I think a lot of other teams are too...

23 minutes ago, WarDamnMagic said:

JJJ seems like the ideal center to play with Gordon and Isaac. Can stretch the floor and a big defensive threat. I’m sold. However I think a lot of other teams are too...

Switch everything defense!

He's out of reach. I see us going on a decent run the rest of the season cos we aren't smart. Got to hope for some luck with ping pong balls and jump into top 3.