Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

He is still my first option only IF JJJ, Bamba, Ayton, Porter and Bagley are all taken by the time we are selecting. 

Edit: including Doncic. I left him out by mistake.

24 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He is still my first option only IF JJJ, Bamba, Ayton, Porter and Bagley are all taken by the time we are selecting. 

Doncic? 

20 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Doncic? 

I left him out! Can’t  believe I did that. I even went to Spain to see him playing live! He is up there for me as well. 

I can't help but feel like we need an offense imitators, Doncic or Young. I'm leaning more Doncic today just because of his height and Youngs play as of late. Still in the Young hype train though 

8 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

You are making me depressed

Jermaine o'neal was the best player on a 60 win team and might have a title if not for the malice at the palace

• Like 1

I'm sold on JJJ, but I fear he'll be definitely gone by our pick.

We really need to make sure we finish the season poorly (in a win loss perspective). I don't mean to go out and tell players to lose, but play all the young guys for experience, keep Mario a focal point in the offense once all the players get back (and leave him in the starting line up, this isn't just for tanking, he's actually earned it, and if we want any chance in keeping him this off season we have to show him some faith after having none the first couple years). We're at a bit of a cross-roads with this team, we are close to being a train-wreck but also not that far off getting things right back on track. Keeping Mario and getting a really great prospect (BPA PG or C preferably) and we suddenly have a pretty good core going forward. Get rid of all the dead weight vets (and any bad locker-room guys, I'm thinking Evan and potentially Vuc, although Vuc is a nice guy, he'd effect it in different ways) and bring in culture/chemistry vets, get a good vibe going round.

I think the biggest thing we need to address for our team isn't a PG or a rim protecting center, it's team chemistry/culture. I would have to say we'd have the worst in the league by a good margin. This is something that is so under rated and fixing it will help so many aspects going forward (play on the court, a big help recruiting future FA's, keeping our players for potentially less money than if we had horrible chemistry). We can start working on this the back-end of the season and it's something that won't effect the W/L's.