Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Young’s efficiency is going way down as teams learn to guard him. He’s now shooting 42% FG and 36% 3PT with a very high usage rate, plus his assists to turnovers are concerning. Point being, I don’t think he’s a unicorn. It’ll be very interesting to see how we address the PG position this summer.

Trae Young is 19 turnovers away from having the most turnovers in the last 17 years (as far back as i can find turnovers calculated). He's got a minimum 5 games left and is averaging 5.3 turnovers per game.  

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Young’s efficiency is going way down as teams learn to guard him. He’s now shooting 42% FG and 36% 3PT with a very high usage rate, plus his assists to turnovers are concerning. Point being, I don’t think he’s a unicorn. It’ll be very interesting to see how we address the PG position this summer.

Also keep in mind that the rest of his team is not that good. Surround him with better players and he will make them even better. On his college team he has no choice but to be the focal point. In the NBA he won't have a s much scoring responsibility but will always be a threat to shoot.

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Also keep in mind that the rest of his team is not that good. Surround him with better players and he will make them even better. On his college team he has no choice but to be the focal point. In the NBA he won't have a s much scoring responsibility but will always be a threat to shoot.

You're drafting him based on the philosophy he's a number one option.  It doesn't really bode well that he's struggling when college defenses focus on him as a number one option and he's struggling to create space against defenses in college.  

Also, young isn't the first prospect to be defended.  

17 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

it's gonna be a pretty valuable asset to a playoff team looking to make 1 last push. look for a surprise team like denver spring for the low risk rental 

Won’t they be over the cap once they sign Jokic? We’d have to take Faried back. 

I think Vucevic would be more valuable to a team looking to clear salary. Teams like the blazers, hornets, knicks etc 

9 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You're drafting him based on the philosophy he's a number one option.  It doesn't really bode well that he's struggling when college defenses focus on him as a number one option and he's struggling to create space against defenses in college.  

Also, young isn't the first prospect to be defended.  

I wouldn't draft him as a number 1 option, I would draft him based on that he can spread the floor really well and get the ball to Fournier, AG & Isaac in the right places.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I wouldn't draft him as a number 1 option, I would draft him based on that he can spread the floor really well and get the ball to Fournier, AG & Isaac in the right places.

Then you're not taking him in the top 8 because that guy you described plus terrible defense on the other end does not equal an early pick. 

29 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Then you're not taking him in the top 8 because that guy you described plus terrible defense on the other end does not equal an early pick. 

I don't think we'll be picking in the top 8, we'll win too many meaningless games. I'm thinking we'll be picking #9.

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Won’t they be over the cap once they sign Jokic? We’d have to take Faried back. 

I think Vucevic would be more valuable to a team looking to clear salary. Teams like the blazers, hornets, knicks etc 

That's a good point, especially the Knicks, hmmm. They have another player that's similar than Vuc in Kanter but he's getting paid 5 mil more than Vuc and is a RFA in 2019 too.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

that'd be the allure

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

correct. He should be moving around ball screens and running his tail off to get open shots. Problem is, he's the ONLY passer on his team so that's really not as much as an option as it should be.