Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I dont see Vuch wearing the Magic Uniform again. I still think he will be traded this offseason.  Nothing against him, but I am sure the organization wants a complete fresh start this year. With Vuch and maybe Fournier gone. 

I only see DJ and Biz(due to contract situation) the only two offseason acquisitions staying from the Henny era. Gordon and Hopefully Mario as the only two picks. 

I can also see DJ leaving if we select a PG either in the draft or free agency. Mack has been really good as a back up. 

I have to think that management has already been trying to trade Vuc. Sadly there just isn't much demand anymore for an offensive center that can't/doesn't protect the rim. On the other hand if we get a PG that doesn't let his man blow by him often Vuc may become a better defender and be worth keeping.

1 hour ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I have to think that management has already been trying to trade Vuc. Sadly there just isn't much demand anymore for an offensive center that can't/doesn't protect the rim. On the other hand if we get a PG that doesn't let his man blow by him often Vuc may become a better defender and be worth keeping.

He will be expiring and his contract is no longer onerous, so, if he gets traded, he gets traded next year.

3 hours ago, Odin said:

He will be expiring and his contract is no longer onerous, so, if he gets traded, he gets traded next year.

it's gonna be a pretty valuable asset to a playoff team looking to make 1 last push. look for a surprise team like denver spring for the low risk rental 

1 hour ago, WarDamnMagic said:

Do y’all think doncic could play a point forward position and sometimes run a line up like doncic-Mario-isaac-Gordon-biz

I think Doncic can even play some PG but we will win too many meaningless games to even dream about getting one of the top 5 picks without a lucky bounce of the ping pong ball. I would guess we pick 7-9. There are a lot of other teams that are very serious about getting a great pick and grabbing the potential game changers that are willing to tank.

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Anyone watching Young tonight? Thoughts?

He is struggling offensively but not necessarily a bad thing. He is still a playmaker and creating for others. 

The issue with him is that most of the teams are going after him hard. He is getting all the defensive attention and it appears as the coaching staff han not been able to adjust their offense accordingly.

Is all on him and The Lack of another offensive player on that team makes it worse. That is why you see him taking bad shots. 

What I like about him is that he is still a very good playmaker. I have no doubt that he will be a very good nba player That will strive on a team where not necessarily has to be the number one offense. 

I think his draft position is slipping which makes it better for us as I see him easely getting out of the top 5. 

8 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

Graham is three years older granted, but he’s a thoroughly better basketball player right now.

I like him and will be a good player to look in the second round if we go with a big. It surely will be the best case scenario. 

JJJ, Graham and one of either Kurucs or Bonga.  I will be happy with that.

54 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

He is struggling offensively but not necessarily a bad thing. He is still a playmaker and creating for others. 

The issue with him is that most of the teams are going after him hard. He is getting all the defensive attention and it appears as the coaching staff han not been able to adjust their offense accordingly.

Is all on him and The Lack of another offensive player on that team makes it worse. That is why you see him taking bad shots. 

What I like about him is that he is still a very good playmaker. I have no doubt that he will be a very good nba player That will strive on a team where not necessarily has to be the number one offense. 

I think his draft position is slipping which makes it better for us as I see him easely getting out of the top 5. 

He wasn’t really a strong top 5 guy imo.  He struggles against players who are athletic.  KU didn’t double team him except on traps, which were effective.  That’s going to be a problem at the next level. He can make things happen though so you can’t discount that.  He’ll be available at our pick unless we start playing much better I believe.