Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

41 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Sadly I'm sure that we'll be the team out of the 8 with the most meaningless wins and pick number 9.

That is the worst case scenario and I think we can still be able to select a quality starting player at that position. The rest of our schedule is so easy that I see us winning 13 out of the next 23 games. We are likely finishing with a total of 31 wins. Enough to get us out of the bottom 5.  I see us getting the 7-8 spot in the draft. 

24 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

That is the worst case scenario and I think we can still be able to select a quality starting player at that position. The rest of our schedule is so easy that I see us winning 13 out of the next 23 games. We are likely finishing with a total of 31 wins. Enough to get us out of the bottom 5.  I see us getting the 7-8 spot in the draft. 

Yes we should get a good player in that range but the most likely game changers will all be gone by then. 

5 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

I just dont see that on JJJ. Maybe the OKC Ibaka.

Ibaka’s game went down once he transition his game to offense rather than keeping that defensive threat game he had while playing at OKC. 

He is now shooting more 3’s and spending little time playing under the basket. 

yeah def okc

5 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Sadly I'm sure that we'll be the team out of the 8 with the most meaningless wins and pick number 9.

I agree with this but we can always trade up. I'd love to get rid of Vuc or maybe Fournier by trading up

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

Just watch this and go to 1:40

Then watch this whole thing 

He's not ibaka he could be what they said towns would be

Out of all the bigs, he intrigues me the most. He's so long but moves so well and that handle in that first clip at 1:40-1-57...My gawd.

I think he goes high though.

22 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Out of all the bigs, he intrigues me the most. He's so long but moves so well and that handle in that first clip at 1:40-1-57...My gawd.

I think he goes high though.

14 months younger than bamba

It's the passing and post moves of JJJ that impressed me in the second vid. To be so young and to have such fluid post moves and the ability to make passes on the move. Exciting.

13 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I agree with this but we can always trade up. I'd love to get rid of Vuc or maybe Fournier by trading up

No one does that.

Trading up in this draft is going to be very difficult to do. A draft like previous, sure. Not this one.

30 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

No one does that.

Trading up in this draft is going to be very difficult to do. A draft like previous, sure. Not this one.

It depends on who you want and how far we are trading up. For example if we pick 5 and want Trae Young but the team picking first want to draft a big (Ayton, Jackson or Bamba), add a player like Fournier and  any other potential picks, then maybe they go for that because they can still get the player they want and add assets?

It would be like the 49ers and Bears trade. The 49ers wanted Solomon Thomas whereas the Bears wanted Matt Trubisky. The Bears didn't want anyone to jump ahead of them or risk the 49ers changing their mind, so they made a trade and both teams got what they wanted even though they didn't have to trade to make it happen.

After all there isn't a huge difference in the top five to seven players to make teams hesitant at trading back. So if you want a big and someone wants a guard and you can acquire assets by moving down a couple or so picks, then it might make sense for them. Unless we are talking about acquiring another high lottery pick then it that case it would be fairly difficult.