Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

You know I think id be ok if we ended up with any of Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Sexton, Young, JJJ and Bamba. To varying degrees obviously but we're seriously devoid of talent so I'll take anybody good. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

My bold  prediction today that i don't really have any level of confidence in is JJJ ends up being the best player in this draft.  

Why do I feel like you will have a new bold prediction leading into the draft?

6 hours ago, magicdoc1 said:

Idk. I will probably still go with Mario over Oubrey. 

Yeah, I don't agree with the article at all :D I posted it before I read it.

With all his injury problems I'd feel tempted to take Mario over Porzingis!

*Knocks on wood*

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

My bold  prediction today that i don't really have any level of confidence in is JJJ ends up being the best player in this draft.  

Serge Ibaka 2.0

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

You know I think id be ok if we ended up with any of Bagley, Ayton, Doncic, Sexton, Young, JJJ and Bamba. To varying degrees obviously but we're seriously devoid of talent so I'll take anybody good. 

it's a really good feeling. come on draft lottery

13 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Serge Ibaka 2.0

I just dont see that on JJJ. Maybe the OKC Ibaka.

Ibaka’s game went down once he transition his game to offense rather than keeping that defensive threat game he had while playing at OKC. 

He is now shooting more 3’s and spending little time playing under the basket. 

18 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I can see that happening but my prediction will be Bamba. The upsides are too much. He is still raw and still is one of the best center in the league. Reminds me of Turner and Capela.

The thing to remember about Jackson is he's one of the youngest players in college basketball.  He's a full year younger than young, porter, bamba and ayton. He doesn't turn 19 until training camp begins. 

There are eight teams with records between 18-41 (Atlanta and Phoenix) and 20-37 (Chicago), with the unicorn-less Knicks (23-36, losers of eight straight) making a late push to join the slap-fight. They are giving minutes to something called Luke Kornet, which sounds like a woodwind instrument. (In fairness, the Unikornet can hit 3-pointers.) The 19-40 Nets aren't even tanking; they're just losing every night!

We could have a legitimate nine-team race for the best lottery odds. I'm not sure if we've ever had a tanking pool this deep. These teams make the Lakers, 23-33, look like a goddamned juggernaut.

(Lakers side note: Under the terms of the Markelle Fultz-Jayson Tatum deal, the Sixers receive the Lakers pick if it falls either at No. 1, or anywhere from No. 6 to No. 30. If Philly nabs L.A.'s pick this season, the Celtics get Sacramento's top-1-protected pick -- GO KINGS! -- next year. Philly receives it if it lands at No. 1. Sacramento has some nice young talent, but right now, how many teams stand to be worse than them next season? Imagine if the Sixers end up with the 10th pick in this draft, and Boston selects No. 2 in 2019? Do not trade with Danny Ainge.)

In theory, the increased number of bad teams could dissuade blatant tankery. With so many variables outside the control of any one team, why would any debase itself and anger the basketball gods? They've all been (kind of) trying for much of the season. We usually have one miserable, gutted sub-20-win outfit, but all these teams are on pace for 25-plus. Maybe they'll all fight to the end? (Stop laughing.)

On the flip side, a couple of unplanned wins could cost a team two, three, even four spots in the draft order.

I'm not sure lottery reform, kicking in next season, would dissuade tankers in this sort of crowded field. The new system cuts the chances of the worst teams nabbing top-three picks, but bumps up the odds for teams in the middle. It may create more incentive to jump from No. 8 to No. 5.

Prepare for some horrid basketball, and some strains and sprains to get around the league's resting policy.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22459076/zach-lowe-10-things-like-including-great-nba-tank-race

1 hour ago, magicdoc1 said:

I just dont see that on JJJ. Maybe the OKC Ibaka.

Ibaka’s game went down once he transition his game to offense rather than keeping that defensive threat game he had while playing at OKC. 

He is now shooting more 3’s and spending little time playing under the basket. 

The Ringer said he is a merge of Ibaka's early and late career. He has the athletic shotblocking terror of early Ibaka with the shooting and sound perimeter defense of late Ibaka.