Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

Duke’s Marvin Bagley III, Michigan State’s Jaren Jackson Jr. and Texas’s Mohamed Bambaeach have astronomical upside. Although all three are extremely mobile and athletic for their size, there are distinct differences among them.

It’s difficult to make a definitive conclusion as to who sits atop this trio. The landing spots on draft night will depend on how teams feel each player fit with their style and personnel. If you need rim-running and rebounding, you might lean toward Bagley. If you believe Bamba is the next Gobert, give him the nod.

However, it’s hard to ignore the defensive agility and shooting potential of Jackson. His best-case scenario could be higher than Bamba’s or Bagley’s because he can score efficiently from the outside as well as inside, and defend the paint and perimeter. Don’t be surprised if he climbs higher on draft boards in the coming weeks.

https://www.fanragsports.com/nba/whos-best-big-in-2018-nba-draft-behind-deandre-ayton/

42 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ohh!!! That was a good year. I was so high on Chris Walker! 

I am not sure where he is now.

It's crazy how some guys were highly touted and they just disappeared. Okafor also has to be one of the biggest busts of all time 

46 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

It's crazy how some guys were highly touted and they just disappeared. Okafor also has to be one of the biggest busts of all time 

Absolutely, right up there with the likes of Oden, Morrison, Darko, Thabeet and Benneth. 

Looking back to that year. I am very pleased with our selection.  It is unfortunate, however,  that Mario will likely not wear the Magic uniform again. 

Mauro, when are you planning to shoot the mock draft podcast for this year. 

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Absolutely, right up there with the likes of Oden, Morrison, Darko, Thabeet and Benneth. 

Looking back to that year. I am very pleased with our selection.  It is unfortunate, however,  that Mario will likely not wear the Magic uniform again. 

Mauro, when are you planning to shoot the mock draft podcast for this year. 

I've been super busy getting a postgraduate degree that I'll finish by the end of this month. I have big plans for my website and youtube channel but I'll have to wait until March to get things going again

I'll make sure to post everything here ;)

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I've been super busy getting a postgraduate degree that I'll finish by the end of this month. I have big plans for my website and youtube channel but I'll have to wait until March to get things going again

I'll make sure to post everything here ;)

Looking forward. I will love if you do a second round mock as well.  

Good luck with your post graduate studies.

1 minute ago, magicdoc1 said:

Looking forward. I will love if you do a second round mock as well.  

Good luck with your post graduate studies.

Thanks, and good luck in the fantasy playoffs! I'll leave this link here since we're talking about the '15 draft

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/14/17010310/2015-nba-draft-karl-anthony-towns-devin-booker-kristaps-porzingis

37 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Idk. I will probably still go with Mario over Oubrey. 

Especially if you weight the last 30 games or so as what Mario is vs their respective careers