Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

For those of you with "missing a lotto point guard" anxiety

Check out Landry Shamet. 6'4 Wichita State. 46% three point shooter on high volume.  Supposed to have an elite bball iq. Good bet late in the draft. Dropped 20 on Kentucky last year in the tournament.  

Also check out Anfernee Simons. Draft eligible currently the top pg in the class of 2018 and #7 overall.  6'4 that's more of an elite scorer than a distributor.  You'd basically have to develop him like Denver is doing with murray. 

Could see us going project PG in the 1st and then developed PG in the second like Sacramento last year

45 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

Could see us going project PG in the 1st and then developed PG in the second like Sacramento last year

Couldn’t we draft someone of substance with the first rounder then trade our second for a league established point?  

23 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I like his game significantly more than trae young's

I don't. Looks very one dimensional to me. Trae has better vision. A better creator/passer. Looks quicker too.

1 minute ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This makes me question everything you post. 

I'm sorry i just like my point guards with situational awareness and dislike guys who average 6 turnovers a game

1 minute ago, ?4thewin said:

I'm sorry i just like my point guards with situational awareness and dislike guys who average 6 turnovers a game

He's young and a little too much of a gunslinger. But I'll take my chances he will mature. I love his confidence, we haven't had that type of player in a long time. 

13 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

I don't. Looks very one dimensional to me. Trae has better vision. A better creator/passer. Looks quicker too.

One dimensional? Did you watch? He's a 46% three point shooter and half of that video is him making a pass, cutting back door, and finishing at the rim.  And then there's multiple instances of him splitting defenders and finishing through contact.  Then there's plays like this 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

One dimensional? Did you watch? He's a 46% three point shooter and half of that video is him making a pass, cutting back door, and finishing at the rim.  And then there's multiple instances of him splitting defenders and finishing through contact.  Then there's plays like this 

Yeah but it's the same plays over and over again. And they were simple plays.

I'm not saying that's a bad thing. He's executing plays the coach is calling but pure talent wise? Nah. I feel you can give Trae the ball and he can create when nothing is working.

He just has that it factor imo.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Oh no you didn't! Lol

I just really hate his game.  He might translate fine to the nba but i just really don't like watching him in college.  

We could all be sleeping on Sexton. Here's what I like about him:

• Size
  • Athleticism
  • Crazy aggressiveness on both ends
  • Leadership

Dude is a pitbull like Westbrook. The stuff he has you cannot teach. Yes, he's a scoring one guard, and yes, his stroke is a work in progress. But he's pretty nasty and still young.