Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

2 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

So there's roughly 6 guys SOME people think could go #1 overall (I think there's 3) but that tip pick still let's you get your darling. Either way, were not trading whatever pick we get for any established player, that's the opposite of long term vision. Any player we draft in top 6 will have star potential but were not getting a star for a pick not even if we add anyone on our roster. I can see us doing what Boston did last year but that's it

Who are your three that could go #1?

30 gm’s could agree and it would still have the same significance on your trade scenario.  None.  You don’t understand how the NBA works if you think what you said has any merit.

24 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Bad example, EP is better than Avery Bradley and offers upside beyond current value.

I was simply using the example of another player that couldn't get a late 1st rounder, I have no like or dislike for Avery Bradley. I do think you value EP quite a bit more than most people do, including general managers. If he is so good why weren't teams standing in line to make great trade offers for him?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I was simply using the example of another player that couldn't get a late 1st rounder, I have no like or dislike for Avery Bradley. I do think you value EP quite a bit more than most people do, including general managers. If he is so good why weren't teams standing in line to make great trade offers for him?

Business baby.  He’s an impending free agent.  In any market you don’t give up value assets (cheap first round rookie scale salary in this case) for someone that could go chase money in a few months when you yourself can just wait a few months and get him without losing value asset. 

I don’t value him more than most, just more than some HERE.  He became a scapegoat, I always just provided balance.  He was a very efficient player for us despite having some poor defensive metrics, which isn’t unique to him on our team.  People think AG is a good defender just because he’s athletic and energetic at times.  The metrics don’t love him either but many here think he’s a max player.

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

How about Tyreke Evans not being able to land a first?

Or Smart, or Mudiay.  Payton was not alone.  

1 hour ago, Murphy13 said:

Who are your three that could go #1?

Ayton, Doncic, Young. I don't believe any smokescreens from "NBA execs" about Young so I include him. Offensive initiators are so extremely valuable in the new NBA I think you have to have Young and Doncic in there, and Aytons placement seems kind of obvious.

45 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Business baby.  He’s an impending free agent.  In any market you don’t give up value assets (cheap first round rookie scale salary in this case) for someone that could go chase money in a few months when you yourself can just wait a few months and get him without losing value asset. 

I don’t value him more than most, just more than some HERE.  He became a scapegoat, I always just provided balance.  He was a very efficient player for us despite having some poor defensive metrics, which isn’t unique to him on our team.  People think AG is a good defender just because he’s athletic and energetic at times.  The metrics don’t love him either but many here think he’s a max player.

He's a great lockdown defender when zoned in and not worrying about offense,  see LeBron,  Harden, George games last year. Anthony as well.