Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

9 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

No.  I'm just continuously pointing out that some look at him as high reward without considering what he actually is doing.  

Could he be curry? Sure that's not off the table.  But what's plan b? What's he look like if he's only 80% of his potential? Because when you look at (pick a guy in the top 5) they have tiers of their career projection.  They can go hall of fame to all star to starter to bust. But i think young is curry to jj barea pretty sharply. 

So it's not like you can't draft him.  You can.  But only at the point where his risk reward profile exceeds the other guys on the board.  

Also if you do draft him i wouldn't count on him starting until year 3 (unless we don't really care about winning). 

I think JJ Barea is a pretty harsh comparison personally. There's nothing wrong with Barea as a spark plug bench PG sure but Barea wishes he could see the floor like Trae. Youngs passing and vision are what set him apart from a lot of other PGs in my opinion. I think even if he doesn't become some Steve Nash or Steph Curry type player he can be an above average point guard of the calibre (Not comparing styles at all) of Rubio or Jeff Teague. You're right though he might need a year or two to settle into the league which could be an issue.

11 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think if we win the lottery i would trade it. Either back into the mid lottery with other picks or for a more established player

This. I like Trae. Ayton might be ight but I wanted the lottery pick not to just draft a guy but it could open up more options via trades.

The 7th or so pick isn't gonna entice most teams that might be willing to trade off talent.

8 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

This. I like Trae. Ayton might be ight but I wanted the lottery pick not to just draft a guy but it could open up more options via trades.

The 7th or so pick isn't gonna entice most teams that might be willing to trade off talent.

Yeah but who is willing to give up a good player for the top pick this year when as people have said the 6 th pick might just as good. 

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Yeah but who is willing to give up a good player for the top pick this year when as people have said the 6 th pick might just as good. 

You add a top 3 pick plus a current player (Fournier?) and you might get some ears.

You add 6-8 with Fournier or whoever, probably not as much.

14 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

For those that were complaining that we only got a 2nd for EP,  the Clips couldn't even get a late 1st for Avery Bradley.

Eh, Bradley has been injured this season and is getting older but I get it. In a couple of years we might be kicking ourselves though.  

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

For those that were complaining that we only got a 2nd for EP,  the Clips couldn't even get a late 1st for Avery Bradley.

Avery Bradley had very low value in the league. Lower than Payton's. Not sure why he'd be worth a first to anyone.

1. He is basically just an expiring contract. If a team likes him, they have less control than with EP.

2. He is statistically having one of the worst seasons of his career. This includes defensively (his main calling card in his career), where he has been average in defensive fg% and Detroit was 6 points per 100 possessions better on defense when he was off the court vs. when he was on the court.

So there's roughly 6 guys SOME people think could go #1 overall (I think there's 3) but that tip pick still let's you get your darling. Either way, were not trading whatever pick we get for any established player, that's the opposite of long term vision. Any player we draft in top 6 will have star potential but were not getting a star for a pick not even if we add anyone on our roster. I can see us doing what Boston did last year but that's it

2 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Bad example, EP is better than Avery Bradley and offers upside beyond current value.